Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelled Trip

Hi there
    So my SO and got together July last year after 3 months of knowing each other. He is from my home country and we met up for 2 days when we had to go back.
    Idk it hurts to talk about this so I'm being quite blunt. So I've been planning to go visit him in February but due to personal reasons it would be a trip that my parents weren't informed about. But they found out and basically gave me the option to either cancel the tip or be disowned by the family. I don't know how to tell the news to him, because we've both been so excited he and his family has already made plans and now I'm being forced to cancel... What do I do what do I say? I don't know when I will be able to visit again, my parents said after I finish study I can do what I want... I know I'm not giving up on him and he did say to me that he won't give up on me if anything happens but he said he would sulk (idk the English equivalent; be too hurt to talk to me?) for a week or two if that were to happen... I, so scared idk what to do I need him during this but I don't want to disappoint him. I want to go so badly but I don't know if his family will accept a girl who was disowned, Never finished College, and reputation in tatters (may parents told me theyd spread itaround)? I know he wants us to both graduate for a better future together but Idk what to dooooooo HELP please

Originally posted by Elleira View Post
    Hi there
    So my SO and got together July last year after 3 months of knowing each other. He is from my home country and we met up for 2 days when we had to go back.
    Idk it hurts to talk about this so I'm being quite blunt. So I've been planning to go visit him in February but due to personal reasons it would be a trip that my parents weren't informed about. But they found out and basically gave me the option to either cancel the tip or be disowned by the family. I don't know how to tell the news to him, because we've both been so excited he and his family has already made plans and now I'm being forced to cancel... What do I do what do I say? I don't know when I will be able to visit again, my parents said after I finish study I can do what I want... I know I'm not giving up on him and he did say to me that he won't give up on me if anything happens but he said he would sulk (idk the English equivalent; be too hurt to talk to me?) for a week or two if that were to happen... I, so scared idk what to do I need him during this but I don't want to disappoint him. I want to go so badly but I don't know if his family will accept a girl who was disowned, Never finished College, and reputation in tatters (may parents told me theyd spread itaround)? I know he wants us to both graduate for a better future together but Idk what to dooooooo HELP please
    I guess my first question is why you were hiding from your parents? As a parent, I know I want my children safe. Granted, I have fostered an enviroment of trust with them and they can come to me with anything. If they are hiding something from me, it would become a serious concern and I would be afraid for their safety.

As far as your SO, this is part of being an in adult relationship. You have those tough conversations. Yes, it's going to be hard to tell him that as of right now, you aren't going to be able to visit. However, letting him know as soon as possible is better then leading him on thinking you'll be there when you know already you won't be able to.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
    X