OLD Paranoia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OLD Paranoia

Welp, I am back amongst you fine people after a pretty disastrous LDR meeting a few months back.

Within the last few weeks, I am back in the dating game, and my intention was to keep things local (and casual) this time. But, you know how that goes. Things never go how you planned. Also, within the last few weeks I have been catfished, as well as matched up with a married guy. Found out he was married through some sleuthing, but to his credit, he admitted to it when I called him out.

I have a date planned with a new guy. He is about 8 hours away, so I would say if things go further than just this date, it would probably qualify as a LDR, which is exactly the thing I wanted to avoid. The thing that has me worried is he is kind of hot and cold on the texting thing. Now, I am not talking during a work day or anything, but on weekends or at night...he will sometimes go from texting me consistently to hearing nothing from him for hours. Now...we talk every day. It's not like he is going days without talking to me. He just...falls off the face of the Earth for a bit. Other than this, he hasn't really given me any other reason to doubt him. He's been pretty consistent. So, my doubt stems from all of these bad online dating issues that have come up, in addition to the LDR thing from a few months back that was heart-wrenching, in combination with his texting behavior.

Am I just being paranoid? Should I call the date off? If I keep the date, what should I look for to see if he might actually be married or in a relationship? Am I crazy to get in another LDR?

If he hasn't gone for days not contacting you I wouldn't worry too much

Comment

Hi. Welcome back. Long time no see!
      I know about how difficult your last LDR was, and I am sorry to hear that it didn't work out. I already thought so when you stopped replying, but I"m happy to hear you're still alive and kicking.
      As for your current situation: don't let old gremlins kill the new situation - yes, it's hard and I know that.
      Is there any reason why he is going hot and cold on texting? It could be he just is going to do other things, but forgets to tell you, for example. May be you could ask him (gently) why he does so.
      Good to see you back!
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
        Hi. Welcome back. Long time no see!
        I know about how difficult your last LDR was, and I am sorry to hear that it didn't work out. I already thought so when you stopped replying, but I"m happy to hear you're still alive and kicking.
        As for your current situation: don't let old gremlins kill the new situation - yes, it's hard and I know that.
        Is there any reason why he is going hot and cold on texting? It could be he just is going to do other things, but forgets to tell you, for example. May be you could ask him (gently) why he does so.
        Good to see you back!
        Awww...thank you for the welcome back. I am glad to see you are still here, and still on a positive path. Yes, it was pretty devastating what happened. It took me a while to get over. The good thing in this situation is I'm not waiting months to meet him. And, also, he's not overseas. I mean...he's a good chunk of time away, but not overseas, so that's something.

I really have no explanation no. And, most of the time he doesn't just disappear. Sometimes he does, but most of the time, no. He will say something like, "I'll be back in a bit," and then 8 hours later, he still isn't back. And sometimes he will tell me his plans for the day, but still...when it is hours later that I hear from him, I just have to wonder. Is he married? Does he have a gf?

I just don't wanna waste my time.

Comment

I understand your insecurities. You could casually ask him what he's been doing after these 8 hours, hehe. Or ask him when you cam to show you around his place. That sort of things. You'll see quick enough.

Yeah, Eve and I are still going strong, thank you.
          You know where to find me do you feel the need.
          Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Adam, good news. We met about a month go. It went well. Ish.

You can check out my meeting report if you so choose. If he's married, he is doing a very, very good job hiding it.

Comment

Working...
            X