Have you found THE DRESS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you found THE DRESS?

Please post pictures! I'd love to see everyone's styles and what they want to wear.

My dress, excluding alterations will be about $500, I don't think I could imagine wearing another dress though. Here is the dress I want and will find a way to wear on our wedding day. It will be altered to fit me well before the big day.

I haven't started trying on dresses, but I can't wait to! I've been looking a lot though. =]

Comment

Originally posted by KatyCakes10 View Post
      I haven't started trying on dresses, but I can't wait to! I've been looking a lot though. =]

Have you looked into a specific style yet?

Comment

I tried on some in David's bridal, but not the one. I LOVE the Belle dress in the Alfred angelo, Disney princess collection but trying not to set my heart too strong on it in case it actually doesn't look good on or something.

Love seeing how happy brides are when they've found the dress! Your dress is amazing
        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Dress shopping is a nightmare for me. I love maggie sottero's "Ashley" and "Cambria marie" (sorry for the lack of links, very very tired. Will come back!) but of cousre I can't afford them. Been looking all over craigslist and ebay and consignment shops, but no luck.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

This was my dress. It came off the rack from a department store, on massive clearance, in the prom section. We couldn't afford alterations. I love it though.

Comment

I posted it on the other dress thread, but I have my heart set on it now:

I got a quote from bestbridalprices.com and they are selling it for $827. Which is under the price range I was giving myself. I will go try it on, then order it off there, as there's no sales tax and international delivery is free certain times of the year. If it doesn't look right, I have several back-ups, like this one:

from the same designer, and they should be around the same price-range.

haha I am totally jumping the gun, not officially engaged yet, but my SO told me to go look, seeing as we don't know when the K1 will be finalized, and the dress takes months to be ordered and delivered, we want to get it ordered as soon as possible so I have time to get alterations done if needed So I'm organized, not crazy

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree with London-Fort Collins! I went into Alfred Angelo to look when the disney collection came out! I want to try the Belle and the Cinderella one on! ChrisxTosha, I really want to try on all styles to see which one looks best on me. The only type I know won't look good on me is a mermaid gown. I'll probably lean towards something like this
                https://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...ize-Plus-Sizes
                I really love it. It's simple. And I'm planning on having a beach wedding, so I think it would be perfect.

Comment

I LOVE this dress, pity about the price tag. But I'm sure I can take it to a dress maker and get it made heaps cheaper. I don't want a train or anything, or anything really heavy because I wanna dance in it and have a ball at the reception!!

https://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm...nal/Style-8763

Comment

Huge fan of a drop waist, fitted top with fluffy bottom. I wanna feel like a flamenco dancer! Ole!

Comment

I love that belle dress! I didn't even know they did disney princess themed dresses! made my day lol.

https://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...dal-Collection

I am a fan of this dress in ivory

Comment

I haven't found theeee dress yet, haven't really even put that much thought to it because, well, we're not even engaged yet and no idea when we're gonna get married x)

I have been playing with the idea of maybe wearing a short wedding dress though When my mum and dad got married, my mum wore this cute short dress, and I wouldn't mind doing the same thing. I'll need to try some on and if I look ridiculous in a long dress, I'll go with a short one And if I look ridiculous in that too, I'll be screwed

I like the bottom of this one quite a lot, not a huge fan of the top bit though:

..aaand if I were to get a long dress, it could be something like this:

Kinda wanna go and try some on now

Comment

No where NEAR to getting married, but I love weddings, and dresses and I like to be prepared XD SO
                          https://webservices.pronovias.com/pd...739%281%29.pdf is my ideal dress. I LOVES it!

Comment

I'm not close to tying the knot just yet and I've never really looked at dresses. One thing I've learned though from watching' Say yes to the dress' you should never have an exact idea of what you want in your head cause if you can't find it you'll be disappointed and maybe not so open to trying on other types of dresses.

Comment

GORGEOUS! Nice choice

Comment

Working...
                              X