from Brazil to Germany. <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from Brazil to Germany. <3

I don't think I ever posted our story in here in a thread just for it, I posted a lot about it commenting, but not like that.

Soo, I am from Brazil, born on oct of 1988, I'm 23 years old. My so is german, born on august 1986, he is 25 years old.

In 2008 I was planning to go to Switzerland visit my family, that lives nearby Basel, and I was going to spend two months there. with an aunt, 2 cousins (all 3 brazilians married to men from switzerland), and I had no friends in the area, so at the time skype had the skypeme option, and I went there to look for people to befriend, both guys and girls, from 20 to 23 years old, reasonably close to where my aunt lives, maximum 2 hours away.

from all those people, i just started a friendship with two of them, wich is already something, out of 15 randon strangers i added there.
    we started to talk on 26 of october of 2008.

One of them was the guy that became my SO, but i didnt know this at the time, he was just this guy I thought was cute, and we flirtted with each other. talking almost everyday online.

a picture from before we met in person, made of many print screens of web cam conversations in msn, around november of 2008

He asked if he could go to switzerland and meet me in person, I said yes, and he went ther on 27 of december of 2008, to spend 5 days with me, leaving on the first of january of 2009, but after it, for the two months I was in Europe, every weekend he would go to switzerland to see me, or me going to germany to see him.

The day of our first visit, i was nervous, as I had never seen him before, and didnt know anyone that knew him, but he was adorable, and the first thing i saw when i went down the elevator with my uncle to greet him was him carrying a huge brown bear, that i named max.

Max, going from Germany to switzerland to meet me. <3

so, when we met, my aunt and uncle let me and him walk a little around the city where she lives, just to talk a little and get to know each other, but only after they got his mother phone number, adress in germany and etc. lol

wich takes us to our first picture together, ever:

27 of december of 2008, the day I met the man of my dreams, and didnt even know.and this is my first picture with him.

after it we went to find a place for him to stay, and after it, went to basel, walked a little with my aunt and uncle, bought the cinema tickets to watch james bond, and went to the starbucks to talk just me and him and wait for the time to go to the cinema, he promissing to take me back to my aunts flat right after the movie would be over.

us on starbucks, the day we met in person

after it we got lost on our way to the movies, but it was funny and cute. we held hands on the sreets most part of the day when walking.

at the movies we had our first kiss, he was really shy about kissing in the cinema, it was really sweet, holding my hands and puting his hands on my knees, like someone saying: "se, i am with her! me!"

he spent the new years with me and my family at my cousins house.

one of my cousins, me, my aunt and him on new years from 2008 to 2009

just me and him on new years

when he was in switzerland with me for those days, we walked a lot, even being extremely cold, just to talk and hold hands and get to know each other better. he first told me he loved me on the elevator of my aunts building, and i said it back, it was between 29 and 31 of december of 2008, dont know exactly wich day

not on the day we first told each other we loved one another, but the place: the elevator that changed my life.

we would go for walks on the forest near by where my aunt lives

us on the forest in switzerland, one of my fav pictures of us together, ever. i printed it and he put it on his fridge.

we went for walks with my aunt, and i felt really relieved that my whole family really liked him.

we went to france with my cousin and her husband as well, and it was a great day, such a cute little town, looking like it was out of a book.

our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

one day shy of one month dating, on 26th of jan of 2009, he asked me to be his girlfriend, i said yes, because by them i had realized by brazilian heart was beating in Germany, by heart was beating for him.

around 11 of february of 2009, I went back to brazil, and we started our LDR, I went to visit him, this time straight to his flat in germany (he still lived with his mom), in july of 2009, to spend one month.

It was a great month as well, he took me around to the zoo in karlsruhe, i met his friends, he rent a house for us for two weeks, just the two of us, we made picnics, and had a lot of "us time".

picture of me in the zoo in KA

picture of us in the zoo in KA

me with my bags in front of the flat he rent for us, smelling the rose he had given me.

us in front of the castle in KA, where we went to make a picnic with his friends

picture he took of me and my deathly hallows (harry potter geek here!) tattoo, when we were making the picnic.

i just posted this one because i think its funny, lol
    wonder where he was looking at *angel face*
    our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

You guys are adorable. And your story is sweet. Thanks for sharing. =)

Comment

We did many things also in that that month.
        i got lucky to be there when Das Fest was hapening, a famous party in Germany (or so I think, german people pls correct me, if you never heard about it!)

Das Fest ist Das Best.Picture me, him and one of his best friends that is polish but twice a year go to germany to spend one month at a time

One of the days it ran, and we had this futuristic look composed by our rain coats and kenny west style glasses that i bought for us there. ;p

we went two times, and it was great, we heard good music, alughted with friends and just had a good time.

and das fest was when we turned 6 months together in a relationship, so it was special.

during that vacations he surprised me by taking me to paris, paying for my ticket and hotel, for a weekend, one day in paris, one day in eurodisney!

the best gift in the whole world! i cant even say how touched i was!

call me tacky, but i always wanted a picture with my loved one with that background! haha

I love alice in wonderland, so my fav part of eurodisney was, for sure!, the alice labyrinth!

our story.

sigpic

Comment

As Im crazy about Harry Potter, sherlock holmes, and some other geeky stuff, my boy is insane about Daft punk! he even made his own daft punk helmet. it was still being built in this picture, but you can get the idea:

I always loved when he used gifts i gave him, in this picture we are in germany, drinking beer and he is wearing a shirt i bought for him in Manaus, where i come from. until today he uses this shirt! (if you didnt drink beer while in germany, something is missing on that trip!)

He is really sweet with me, always trying to cheer me up, once he asked his friend to lend him his darth vader helmet, so he could show it to me on the cam, im also a star wars geek *guilty*

I posted this picture on the time, and it had the following caption:
          -"Uila, I am your boyfriend."
          - "YAY."

he just completes me and cheers me up, no matter what is my mood. and that is more than anyone else has ever been able to do, i think he is a super hero, and that is his super power, cheer me up.

once we were in his friends house, and he had a manga about a super hero that used womens panties on his face. lol

so we said if he was a super hero, he would be the super bra man!

and he took my bra more than once to put on his face and show off his super hero outfit. *blushes*

but i would never be with someone that took himself too seriously, so we are a perfect match. ;D

our story.

sigpic

Comment

I went back to brazil in august of 2009, afte a wonderful month with him, and moved to germany the end of january of 2010. we were almost 6 months apart, the longest we have ever been. and i hope never to go throught that again! ever!

He moved out of his mothers house and we rent a place where we started to live together.

But CD provd to have its difficulties. we were fighting a lot, A LOT. for stupid things. and if was weaking the relationship day by day.
            he was used to have his mother around to do things for him, I was used to have 3 maids, my mother and my grandma. so we werent used to being on our own, taking care of ourselves and of our SOs.

I dont know if that has anything to do with the fact I had dyed my hair pink, and he was far from content with it, lol

us on carnival of 2010, his hair was a wig, mine wasnt. ;x

my hair changed, to blue, to purple. he liked it better tahn when it was pink.

he said he liked me better being blonde, like that for example:

we broke up, or rather, he broke up with me, after some months CD. i found a flat for myself after one month and moved, but ironically the only place i found, even though i tried hard to be elsewhere, was in the same small city he lived.

i changed my hair to black.

we continued to see each other, sleep together and all a couple does, but we werent "together"anymore.
            even though we were only going out with each other. ;p

so after 3 or 4 months, i wrote him a letter saying i was cutting out all the contact, because i would never be able to forget him otherwise. i would never get over him if i was still going out with him.

the day after i put the letter on his mail box, he called me, said he still loved me, and could not let me walk away, that he was just afraid to spend our lives fighting, but that he wanted me back, if i would have him, and we decided to give it a try again.

he actually called to ask me back when i was at the hair stylist getting high lights done, the slow procedure to make my hair go back to blonde.

i wont say we NEVER have a discussion anymore, what couple doesnt? but things have gotten a thousand times better! we learn how to solve our differences talking about them now. i and him learned how to be together everyday, live together (i still keep paying the rent of my flat, even though since we got back together i slept there like max 5 times, and its over a year we got back together!), is just a deposit for my clothes and things, and its only a 10/15 minutes walk from his flat anyway, so its like our extended guest room. ;p
            our story.

sigpic

Comment

I could not renew my visa, and had to go back to brazil for 3 months.

so he went to visit me in the middle of that 3 months, so we would only stay one month and a half appart at a time.

us in my room in brazil

we went to a jungle hotel, fished piranhas (he was mad because even though each of us caught 3 piranhas, mine were bigger, HAHA)

i took him a lot of places i like, and showed him around the city

our story.

sigpic

Comment

He went back to Germany, after one month and a half, so did I.

I spent four months there (the 3 months of my turist visa, plus 1 extra month they gave me). I tried to renew my visa again, and could not.

During those 4 months
                We went to das fest again,

went to watch roller derby bouts,

i went for the first time to a Jahrmarkt

where he gave me a traditional heart that girls hang around their necks. mine said Engelchen, something like little angel. seeing that my last name is Engel, wich is also my derby name and my username here, it could not be better. it also had wings on the sides!

and didnt take that many pictures together! (now you all say "yay, i was getting tired of so many pictures!")

but i could not renew my visa again, i cried and cried, and almost gave up on my life long dream to live in germany and on our relationship. i would not do long distance again, for months without end, without knowing what future would bring. not after having lived with him, would be too hard.

and he said he loved me, and we will get married, he said he really loves me, i loved him too, we live together, we want to spend our lives together, so if getting married would provide all that to happen, sure we would get married! that if i was grman he probably would have waited for us to marry til we would have our own house, but we didnt choose to have different nationalities, and if we needed to get married we would do it.
                i said i didnt want to get married just because of the visa, if he didnt want it really. he called me silly and repeated he would probably have waited one or two years more, if it werent for the visa, but that it always was in his plans. so they would just happen a little sooner.

I came back to brazil for more 3 months. he would not have the money to visit me, so my mother offered to buy his ticketa, he didnt want it at first, but accepted in the end. i said: its a gift for me, she would spend that money anyway if i could get into germany now, as i cant, she is bringing my favorite part of germany to visit me in brazil.

he met other of my dear friends, but we got sick for 4 days, lol, so we spent a lot of time in bed watching movies and cuddling.

luckly we got better before travelling to rio de janeiro, the only city he had ever been in brazil was manaus, so it was great for him to see a new city, specially such a famous one!

we went to the sugar loaf

walked all the way through "quinta da boa vista" til the zoo

and went to the zoo itself.

he also got to meet my cousins that live there, and my grandma by my fathers side (he had already met my family by my mothers side in manaus)

me, him, my cousin and her husband. not necessaraly in this order. ;p

we went to spend one day in campos, where my sister from my fathers first marriega lives, he loved her, her boyfriend and her mother, they really are amazing! and i was really glad he got the chance to meet her!

me, my sister, my SO, and her SO
                our story.

sigpic

Comment

We also went to the christ, though the christ.

I am into roller skating,

though i didnt even know how to stand up on roller skates til april this year, and still have a lot to learn and get better at, but hey, i can do cross overs and run, i got a thousand times better! lol
                  im a fresh meat in a roller derby team in germany,

so i got him into skating, and he bought cheap inline skates for himself, to skate with me on his free time.

but after a while i convinced him to buy his own quad skates, and by them he had already changed his mind that quad skates were for girls, after seeing pretty bad @sses refs on derby bouts!

and even if I say so myself, he looks hawt on his white quad skates!

his skates only arrived a couple of days after he was back in germany, middle october of 2011. so we didnt get to go out together to skate yet, but pretty soon.

I will go back to germany in december, and we will get married in january, so we will have all the time in the world, for roller skating, watching movies together, kissing, cuddling, making love, whatever we want. and when i say all the time in the world i mean the rest of our lives. <3

I am missing him as hell. december, please come soon.

ps: here is to me apolagizing for so many pictures! is just i find a story easier to visualize with visual aid, and as this will be the only thread i will ever go through all the trouble to uploading so many pictures and writting so much about me and him, can i be forgiven?

thank you so much to anyone and everyone patient or bored ebough to read all this/see all the pictures. <3
                  our story.

sigpic

Comment

I meant to tell you yesterday: You two are so amazingly cute!
                    Also remember: You're not getting married for the visa, you're getting married to be with your love. What better reason is there to get married?!

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                      I meant to tell you yesterday: You two are so amazingly cute!
                      Also remember: You're not getting married for the visa, you're getting married to be with your love. What better reason is there to get married?!
                      dawww, thank you so much! <3

yes, i agree with you, isnt that the reason people get married? to spend their lives with the one they love?

ps: you are so going to get invited for the wedding party, when i get around to plan one after the courthouse wedding, lol
                      our story.

sigpic

Comment

LOVED the pictures. Pictures are so much greater than long winded stories... at least I think so

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                        ps: you are so going to get invited for the wedding party, when i get around to plan one after the courthouse wedding, lol
                        Not me???

Comment

Was great to read your story and see all the pictures!! thank you for sharing =)
                          My heart is beating in Germany too, and just as you; I can not wait for December to be here

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                            dawww, thank you so much! <3

yes, i agree with you, isnt that the reason people get married? to spend their lives with the one they love?

Exactly!

My boyfriend and I have this (evil!) plan to go to as many weddings as we can before our own. So we can take notes on what was good and what wasn't and make our wedding perfect

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                              LOVED the pictures. Pictures are so much greater than long winded stories... at least I think so

Not me???

would you go to germany just for my marriage? dawwww. <3

I feel loved!

Originally posted by LatinButterfly View Post
                              Was great to read your story and see all the pictures!! thank you for sharing =)
                              My heart is beating in Germany too, and just as you; I can not wait for December to be here
                              Thanks! cant wait for december to be here either!

looks like we will be going to germany (me for good this time, yay!!!) around the same time!
                              our story.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X