Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does age matters? for me, its a no. Ill answer those replies. :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
    This isn't just a cultural difference, it is also a crime punishable in the state of Pennsylvania.
    Is it still punishable if he doesn't meet her until she is legal or if he moves to the Philippines and marries her there though? I have heard of too many men doing this to not be plenty of ways around it... just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      Is it still punishable if he doesn't meet her until she is legal or if he moves to the Philippines and marries her there though? I have heard of too many men doing this to not be plenty of ways around it... just saying.
      If he and her are doing things on webcam, then yes. Because he is doing it in the state of Pennsylvania.
      Read my LDR story!
      Facebook
      Instagram

Comment

And let's all just remember, that if he were in this relationship with a 17 year old girl in Pennsylvania, he wouldn't get away with it. He's getting away with this because she is halfway across the world and it is all happening in the privacy of his home on his computer.
        Read my LDR story!
        Facebook
        Instagram

Comment

No way to punish him by the law if she's of legal age, but that doesn't mean he can't get in trouble for things he may be doing right now. Still doesn't change the fact that he should know better and she's still going to get taken advantage of, whether he plans on it or not. The idea he would drop by without notice is the hugest of red flags.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGirl View Post
            No way to punish him by the law if she's of legal age, but that doesn't mean he can't get in trouble for things he may be doing right now. Still doesn't change the fact that he should know better and she's still going to get taken advantage of, whether he plans on it or not. The idea he would drop by without notice is the hugest of red flags.
            From google.. In Pennsylvania, the age of consent is 16. If the minor is under the age of 18, the adult can be charged with "Corruption of a Minor." This is a misdemeanor.
            Read my LDR story!
            Facebook
            Instagram

Comment

You can say whatever you want, but if he is caught communicating sexually with a minor, he will be arrested, even after she turns 18, if he did it previous to her birthday. Your digital life is forever.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

If he and her are doing things on webcam, then yes. Because he is doing it in the state of Pennsylvania.
                Good point, I just assumed there was nothing like that going on but I guess there could be.

I just think we shouldn't be so harsh on the OP, I don't think she is a troll but I also I am not going to turn her into a victim. She claims there is no pressure and she is in love, if this is true that is great and wish her the best, specially as the guy gets older and she is still at the prime of her life, she will need it but it's her choice.

As disturbing as it sounds I do see the point on him visiting her without notice in this scenario, the guy is probably just making sure she is not a scammer, too many people rush to turn the young girl into a victim while sometimes it is far from the truth. There is girls in poor countries out there who make a decent living out of chatting by being showered in gifts and even cash whenever "her mother gets sick" or something

Comment

OP, serious question, how old is your grandfather?
                  I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

PS. if you are doing it for a visa or financial reasons I don't judge but be honest with him, it wouldn't be fair if he is a good guy at this point of his life, is not like he can start over.
                    How condescending of you to assume she might be doing it for visa or financial reasons just because she's from the Philippines! And what do you mean by "if he is a good guy"? He's grooming an underage girl 34 years younger! How could he possibly be "a good guy"?!

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

In your case, it matters a great deal. I hope you stop all forms of communication with this person as soon as possible.

Comment

From google.. In Pennsylvania, the age of consent is 16. If the minor is under the age of 18, the adult can be charged with "Corruption of a Minor." This is a misdemeanor.
                        However if her parents are okay with this. And give their parental consent, is it dull considered corruption of a minor?
                        (Not agreeing with this relationship in any way, shape, or form...just wondering)
                        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
                          However if her parents are okay with this. And give their parental consent, is it dull considered corruption of a minor?
                          (Not agreeing with this relationship in any way, shape, or form...just wondering)
                          There are no exceptions; the law is based on age. Just like if parents consented to their 12 year old daughter being with a man 34 years older than her, it would still be illegal regardless of the parental consent.
                          Read my LDR story!
                          Facebook
                          Instagram

Comment

Parent's approval does not make laws unwritten.

Edit: Michelle was faster.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                            Married: 1/24/2015
                            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

There are no exceptions; the law is based on age. Just like if parents consented to their 12 year old daughter being with a man 34 years older than her, it would still be illegal regardless of the parental consent.
                              I thought so, I thought since maybe the consent age was sixteen it might change something.

Either way, this relationship will probably not work out due to such a large age difference, plus, it's a crime like Michelle and Moon said. I personally find it creepy that a 50-something year old man would find a seventeen year old more attractive then say someone quite a bit older or closer to his age. Honestly, you guys probably have NOTHING in common due to the age difference.
                              For all we know, one of you could be using the other, for all these reasons combined this relationship needs to end.

Also, just the way the topic is laid out makes me think this a troll-like topic..but maybe that's just me.
                              Last edited by Unconditional; May 28, 2014, 07:38 PM. Reason: redundancy
                              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Also, just the way the topic is laid out makes me think this a troll-like topic..but maybe that's just me.
                                Deep down I hope the OP is just a troll. This is wrong in so many ways, on so many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X