Failed CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed CD

A little over a month ago, my SO and I closed the distance after a lot of thought, a lot of planning, and a lot of sacrifices (on my part). You see, I transferred school, city, country, everything, to be with him. Why? Because he'd convinced every single part of me that he really loved me, that our engagement was something real, and that he wanted me there with him, right there, in the flesh.

Fast forward a week and a half from arrival date and he starts saying, "I don't think I'm ready for this yet." A few weeks later, I'm back in my home country, only now I have nowhere to live, no job, no money, and now, no fiance. I have nothing. And he refuses to speak to me.

I've been home for just under a week now and I still can't will myself to get out of bed. I can't smile. I can't enjoy anything. I lost everything I had in the one thing I thought was the only sure thing in my life. And he gave me absolutely no reason to think that I had anything to doubt or worry about. He was the one who started our relationship. He was the one who proposed. He was the one who asked me to move down there. And he was the one who took it all away.

I really did think this man was the love of my life, and I'm sure I'll still feel that way for a long time to come. Regardless of how much he's hurt me and how much I want to hate him, I can't. On top of being so hurt and lost, I miss him terribly with everything I have. I don't know how to exist without him.

If/when you and your SO decide to close the distance, please, please take it from someone who's been there: have a backup plan, really, seriously think about what you would do if it didn't work out (even though none of us want to think it won't) and force yourself to acknowledge the pros and cons of taking the leap, and whether or not you're really, truly ready for them. Because believe me, I wouldn't wish pain like this on my worst enemy. I've lost everything because he told me he was ready.

Force yourself to think of all the things you really don't want to. Force yourself to think of the what-ifs. Ask him or her to do the same. As unpleasant as questions like, "What if he really doesn't care about me like he says he does, and gets rid of me as soon as I get there?" are, at least you'll be a bit more prepared than I was.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by CottonSwab; July 9, 2012, 02:30 PM.

I am shocked and pained to hear that someone would do this. :/ My heart goes out to you, it really does, and while I'm not sure I can think of anything that would make this better or even anything I can say in this situation, I'm sorry that it happened and we're all here if you need to vent, even if you have to leave LFAD for a while. Please take care and do what you need to do for yourself during this time. *massive hugs*
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

Wow - I'm so sorry to hear this. It is quite shocking. I hope this passes quickly and that all will be okay with you. *lots of hugs*

Met: November 19, 2010
      Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
      Made it official: April 29, 2011
      Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
      Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
      Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
      K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
      Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
      Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

I'm sorry for what happened to you. Good luck with getting settled in your home again.

This exactly is why I would never ever move, if I didn't want to be there even without my boyfriend.

I guess most of us wouldn't move, if our SOs weren't in the picture, which is fine. But I think it's important that if you move, you do it just as much for yourself as for your relationship. If you want to be happy where you move to, then you have to want to actually be there, not only because of your SO.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I'm really speechless. I feel really sorry about what happened to you sending you big hugs.

It also makes me very angry. How can someone not come up with such issues beforehand? You gave up everything for this guy and he threw it right into your face. How cruel is that?
          Please don't waste your time being sad you lost him for too long. You deserve much better!

Comment

Have you told him all of this? You said he won't talk to you, but will he listen to you? If not, tell him in some way that he can't avoid it. Don't be harsh in your words, but let him know what happened and how you feel...then he might open up.

Comment

I'm so sorry this happened to you, I know it's impossible to believe now, but it will get better with time.

Your advice was great, too many people only want to believe in the fairy tale and think about the happily-ever-after, and they don't consider what they'll do if things fall apart (Which they often do, LD and CD). A back-up plan is essential. Good luck to you, I wish you the best and that better times are ahead.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope that time gives you the healing you deserve.

Comment

Thanks for your support everyone. At the risk of sounding overdramatic I've never felt so broken in my life. I miss him so much it literally feels like I'm about to explode, and there isn't much I can do about that but just live with it. It's just so horrible thinking your life is going to be a certain way, getting it, and having it all taken away from you in a heartbeat.

Comment

Sorry to hear this :/ Sending big hugs! Take care of yourself, wishing you the best and quick healing.

Comment

I'm so, so sorry to hear that I hope you can get back on your feet quickly. Wish you the best.
                      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I get scared when I read stories like this. Though in my favour my SO is in the same country, just the other side of it. I do worry that when we do close the distance things won't be like they are now. We have talked about it somewhat but there has been no move to actually close the distance just yet.

Comment

Oh my gosh. I am so very sorry. This is just awful. I agree with Moon, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Take time to focus on you, heal, and move on. Best of luck in everything. *hugs*

Comment

I am so sorry this happened to you! (hugs)

sigpic

Comment

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Best of luck and continue to reach out to us at LFAD whenever you need to!

Comment

Working...
                              X