Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you resist the urge to pack up and go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you resist the urge to pack up and go?

I am wondering if anyone is currently or has had the urge to just go to their SO, even if the time is not ideal.
    Maybe this means you do not have a job lined up, or have things you could stay where you are for... anything...

I am dealing with this heart wrenching issue every day. Being that I have no children, everything I have here can theoretically be built up again else where.

I think it would help me just to hear other stories... I'm feeling pretty bummed about it!

Thanks as always.

Met in July 2006
    Dated very briefly in November 2006
    Reconnected in July 2011
    Something changed in August 2013
    He visited in November 2013
    I traveled in November 2013
    I visit in February 2014

I don't feel the urge to relocate, because I have lots of ties here and slim job uppertunities there, but I often feel the urge to travel. I know that just a few hours on a plane would take me to him.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My daughter, while an adult, would never forgive me. That's my most real, concrete reason.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Could I theoretically leave my daughter here with her father? Sure. But it would break my heart to do so. It also breaks my heart to tear her away from her father.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I used to have these feelings when we started LDR. I knew we have lot of time in front of us that we will have to spend apart due to my studies and at some points everything got just too hard and I was thinking about quiting school and moving .... But now, as I´m soon to be graduating and we talk about closing the distance, I just feel very proud of us for making it and I know it was good thing to wait and also I know we will manage to wait those few last months as well

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
            My daughter, while an adult, would never forgive me. That's my most real, concrete reason.
            My kids are all grown up, but they still need me here. He has the same situation where he is, except he does have one dependent child, in jr. high school, so I can see he needs to stay there.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

I have no children but I would be hesitant to raise them in Turkey. Lots of things are happening there now, like the political scandal involving central politicans and generally bribery and human rights issues. I might consider living there if public life approved. Anyway some days I become really impatient as to relocate him here, as least for parts of the year.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Oh, wow, yes!!! I could from my end, but my SO needs more time on his end. We are planning on spending more time close distance this year, both here and there. I'll be able to get to know his family more and work out all our loose ends. If I had the money to up and move, I'd move right away, regardless of the other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAmericanGirl66 View Post
                  My kids are all grown up, but they still need me here. He has the same situation where he is, except he does have one dependent child, in jr. high school, so I can see he needs to stay there.
                  Same here, and I honestly don't think I'd ever be truly happy being so far from my kid, no matter how old she is. She's 25, swears she'll never have kids of her own, but what if she does? Kids, no matter how young or old, make LDR's so HARD
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Same here, and I honestly don't think I'd ever be truly happy being so far from my kid, no matter how old she is. She's 25, swears she'll never have kids of her own, but what if she does? Kids, no matter how young or old, make LDR's so HARD
                    Yes, and I have grandchildren, too. It would be hard to leave. But, it's also hard to imagine going my whole life without ever meeting the man I love. So, it seems, by default almost, we have an open-ended LDR, which could become long-term. We were even joking about getting married online...just for fun.

Comment

You just have to. I remember when our relationship started I was ready to move right then and there, but I knew I needed to get my degree, before I move.
                      There were a couple times where I was about to leave this place forever and be with him, but I knew I had to do it the right way or else a lot of feelings would be hurt and we would not have the right start for our life.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I guess I'm fortunate that my only child is a teen and very willing to move with me. My only concern is my mother who is getting more frail with time, but she'd be welcome to move with me, too, if she would. We're debating that now. I'm sorry that some of you don't have that same option. It's sad to want something that isn't easy to figure out how to get.

Comment

Originally posted by stormy View Post
                          I am wondering if anyone is currently or has had the urge to just go to their SO, even if the time is not ideal.
                          Maybe this means you do not have a job lined up, or have things you could stay where you are for... anything...

I am dealing with this heart wrenching issue every day. Being that I have no children, everything I have here can theoretically be built up again else where.

I think it would help me just to hear other stories... I'm feeling pretty bummed about it!

Thanks as always.
                          Hang in there. February isn't so far away, and you are not that far from your beloved. You are young enough, and not tied down, that you have freedom I wish I had. Many of us are in International LDR, some of us met online, and have never seen our loves in person. The closest we have come to face-to-face contact is occasional Skype video. I would give anything to be young again, and free to take off and go see my Aussie man. You are one of the lucky ones, in the same country, no passports, no visas, no red tape to worry about. I wish you the best, hope you will soon be able to close the distance, whether you have to move there, or your love moves where you are...the important thing is being together, anyway you can.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
                            I guess I'm fortunate that my only child is a teen and very willing to move with me. My only concern is my mother who is getting more frail with time, but she'd be welcome to move with me, too, if she would. We're debating that now. I'm sorry that some of you don't have that same option. It's sad to want something that isn't easy to figure out how to get.
                            Thanks, it's all good If I was in a domestic relationship, the moving part wouldn't be so bad, but since we're international, there aren't too many options, but to stay LD. We're both pretty used to the idea, both of our parents are aging too, so staying in our respective countries for the foreseeable future is just something we deal with. Maybe someday our situation will change and you never know what opportunities are right around the corner, so we're mostly content. My daughter would never consider moving to Finland, since her family and friends are here, and I guess if I packed her in a box or something, she could technically call it kidnapping, now that she's grownup

Comment

Oooh yes I had the biggest urge to just run away with my student loans and elope with him like just recently xD
                              It may not be the smartest idea but it would make one heck of a love story as my SO says <3
                              Sigh I just wanna hurry up and graduate and run away somewhere with him

Comment

Working...
                              X