Closing the Distance: how close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the Distance: how close?

Part of the many discussions The Boy and I had this past weekend had to do with closing the distance. Thing is, we don't really want to close it THAT much. At least right now.

I'm sure the fact that he's been divorced twice, me once is leading to a lot of tip-toeing and reluctance on our part. Our idea of closing the distance is only being 2 time zones apart as opposed to 5. And also, if I move closer that way, it would be much easier and less expensive for us to fly to see each other, even more inexpensive than us flying to our halfway point.

We also discussed me moving to him; even if I do, I want my own place.

So, I guess my question is - what is considered "closing the distance"? Do you have to be living together or can you be living apart and just not as far away as you were initially? Do you have to be the same city, state or time zone? Or is it whatever we've defined?

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

To me closing the distance is get settle..Live together, get married, have kids and etc..:-D but i believe that every person have their own opinion and definition about it..:-D

Comment

In my opinion, closing the distance is being in the same city, but I would definitely say go for the own place! Wow, definitely.

But, then again, just break down the term "closing the distance". If you feel like a state away, or whatever it may be, is closing the enormous distance you once had and has made things easier, well, then I'd consider that closing the distance.

P.S. I love how your picture matches your font.

Comment

IMO there isn't really a set definition of "closing the distance", for some people that may be moving to the same region and being within a few hours drive, for others it could be moving in the same town, etc. For me personally, it's moving back to the apartment that I share with my fiance.

Call it whatever you want! Take any small victory you can lady

Comment

Originally posted by MrsExPrez View Post
          P.S. I love how your picture matches your font.
          Blue is my absolute favorite color in the whole wide world. I wore two different blue outfits this weekend with The Boy.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
            IMO there isn't really a set definition of "closing the distance", for some people that may be moving to the same region and being within a few hours drive, for others it could be moving in the same town, etc. For me personally, it's moving back to the apartment that I share with my fiance.

Call it whatever you want! Take any small victory you can lady
            Then we're going with that! 2 time zones it is!

Comment

Closing the distance I believe is something along the lines of living less than an hour away from one another by drive - aka close enough as to where you can see one another regularly.

So are you guys going out now? I know there was some upheaval as to whether he wanted to be in couplehood. I hope you got all of that worked out.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Closing the distance, to me, just means living close enough to see each other regularly.
                I'd definitely get my own place whenever possible, at least for a little while. It can be quite a shock, if you're used to living independently, to have someone under your feet all of the time I like your new pic, btw! Good to have a face to the name
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
                  Closing the distance I believe is something along the lines of living less than an hour away from one another by drive - aka close enough as to where you can see one another regularly.

So are you guys going out now? I know there was some upheaval as to whether he wanted to be in couplehood. I hope you got all of that worked out.
                  Oh yeah, I have a whole long blog post about us. Check it out when you get a chance!

Comment

To me 'closing the distance' means living in the same city or within 30 minutes from each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                      Closing the distance, to me, just means living close enough to see each other regularly.
                      I have to agree with you, Moon.

To me, closing the distance probably means living in the same city.. being able to go out to eat one night, or go out to the movies, do the stuff that normal couples are able to do on a daily basis and not having to worry about saying good bye because after all, I'll be able to see him the next day and the day after that AND THE DAY AFTER THAT. ugh can't wait

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
                      I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X