No announcement yet.

Do you still hear their accent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO is from California but I don't feel that he has a typical Californian accent if that makes sense... he has his own and its very nice His voice is sexy in general. He knows a bit of Spanish too and when he speaks it, omg, change of underwears is needed hahahah.

Comment

I can hear it, but I certainly don't notice it. Only on words that are pronounced significantly differently. I notice other american's accents much more than I notice his.
      Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
      First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I only hear my SO's British accent when he tries to "correct" me lol! But other than that, I don't notice it. It's funny how I don't notice his accent as much anymore but when another British person speaks to me, I can totally hear the difference!

Comment

lol my bf has a Texan accent and it's realy start to come out more and more... I just love it! I hope he never loses it. I find it very sexy.

Comment

I don't really hear my SO's accent much anymore. Her accent is mixed, a mixture of German and American and I LOVE it. It is just such a unique, and sexy accent. Even if I don't notice it as much anymore I still totally love hearing her speak. On some words I can hear it more than others. When my family first heard her voice they thought she sounded quite american even though she hasn't lived in the USA for about 17 or so years.

Comment

Oh dear yes! He's Norwegian, but has very good English and I love the accent either way. In fact, I wouldn't mind never being fully fluent in Norwegian, because I love it when he speaks Norsk in my ear haha.
              “But now, I know, how absence can be present, like a damaged nerve, like a dark bird.”

Comment

He's Chinese and has TERRIBLE English. As of right now its too early to feel urgency about it and make him learn English, posthaste, so that he can survive in America. But when he tries to speak English it's so shy, quiet, and heavily accented. Otherwise, my Chinese is good enough all things considered at this stage of the relationship, so I don't run into the accented English issue all that often.

Comment

I can hear his accent if I stop and listen out for it, but since it isn't particularly obvious (to me, at least) I don't notice otherwise. He's forever trying to sound more "British" - from time to time he'll speak English in heavily accented French on purpose, which makes me laugh a lot! To be honest, I think it has its own charm but he doesn't like it at all

Comment

Haha, me and my SO were talking about his ever changing accent yesterday When we first met, he had a very obvious Belgian accent, but the more time he spends with me, the more British he sounds! He has even started to pick up some local slang, which although is horrible and chavy (not from me however, but from a horrible tv channel he loves watching when he's here) and he still manages to make it sound amazingly cute!

Comment

I don't really hear his accent anymore, only sometimes when I really listen, when I've been talking to someone else for a while right before, or when he's talking to his mam,sister etc. He tries to tone down his irish a littl ebit with me, and defineatly speaks a LOT slower than his mam and sister do. His sister especially. I swear that she is going to drive me insane with how quickly she speaks!

Comment

She does. Although when she speaks English, she sounds different to the typical Estonian. I think it is because her English is very good.

(This is what the typical female sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=253Y...12FAAAAAAAAAAA. I actually enjoy listening to Estonians speaking English. It is just weird in my opinion.)

Comment

Yes I still hear it, and I still adore it. Hearing his voice still makes me melt every time.

DO NOT tell him that however, because for years everywhere we've gone over here, women of all ages tend to swoon when he speaks in his slightly posh accent. Its something he finds totally embarrassing, (cracks me up) but after they've cleared off, he always turns to me and lifts his eye brow, leers at me and repeats the phrase that has made the woman swoon, to which my standard response is.."Don't bother Skippy, your accent stopped making my knees weak YEARS ago!".

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                          And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I'm like a lot of other people. If I'm listening for it, I can definitely heart his accent. Most of the time though, it's just the way he talks. Unfortunately for him, I had a precoursor for the English accent since I did a semester in England before ever meeting him. I love his Geordie accent though. It's different from what you usually hear in the town he lives in now.
                            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                            Made it official: September 17, 2010
                            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                            Got married: November 21, 2012
                            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Yeah i still hear his accent and it still makes me melt. Im noticing that its starting to rub off on me which is slightly annoying. My accent is very queens english like lol and if you mix that with a bit of cali accent it sounds weird. My friends laugh at me when i pronounce things the american way (eg VItamins as opposed to VITamins). Been told my english is going down hill due to my weird accent : (( Its expected though since we talk everyday for the last (nearly) 3 years plus i have many american friends i speak to.

Comment

I find my SO's French accent really cute when he's speaking English. But he speaks English all the time, there were times I forgot he was French XD

Comment

Working...
                                X