My SO is finally home but not with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO is finally home but not with me?

My SO just got home from college last night and I was able to spend time with him for a few hours. Today however I haven't gotten been able to see him at all because he is hanging out with his friends. I don't want to be a controlling girlfriend but I can't help but feel upset that he didn't choose to spend his first full day here with me. And to add to that, today is a special day because it is our "monthaversary"

Hm, well I'm going to go out on a limb and say that since you've been together for a couple years by this point, and say that maybe he felt comfortable not seeing you immediately? Since he saw you the night before and likely hadn't seen his friends, maybe he wanted to go spend some time with them? Or perhaps they planned something before he came home, like a welcome home party of sorts?
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I agree with Eclaire but I can understand your frustration. Just remember that you did get to see him already and his friends didn't.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Dont worry about it. he saw you yesterday and he will see the you the majority of the time! so even let it bother you, not even a little!

Comment

I understand your frustration. I felt the same, first day was with his family, did see him for a while his second day here, but it's my only day off. He was going to come see me on my lunch while I was at work yesterday, ended up going bowling with his dad. I asked him when I get to see him again, he said today, but when I told him my work schedule he didn't respond. I think he forgot about our holiday hours and the fact that I work crazy stupid hours. So I understand, it's frustrating when they're finally close by and you still don't get to see them. He does need time with his friends though too. Hopefully if you let him have his time with his friends, things will be better the rest of the time he's home. I understand your frustration though. Try to stay busy, and do something fun for yourself

Comment

I get where you're coming from, but he wants to see his friends too. Make sure to set up a special "us" date for tomorrow!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
              X