No announcement yet.

Rubbing off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've picked up his habit of trying not to think about things that bother me... probably not the best habit, but it saves me some stress occasionally. I've also picked up a lot more nerdy things and some of the dorky stuff he does to make me smile I find myself doing back to him to get a laugh

Comment

I've definitely started watching hockey since he plays and is a die hard Red Wings fan. Oh, and sometimes when I'm not around him, I'll bring up our inside jokes and my friends will look at me like "Brie, you're not in Desty mode anymore." haha. I've also started saying pop instead of soda which is what he calls it.

Comment

His love of the Maple Leafs,Never watched any Hockey till he showed me some video's on you tube.
        I chew my tongue when i'm concentrating on something and i never used too.
        A few sayings and vocabulary i've adopted too.
        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

When it comes to typing, I've stolen his overuse of "lol" when upset. He has this habit of using lol like a period when he's upset/being serious, not sure where it originated from, so now, as opposed to saying something like "and my grandfather's e-mail really hurt my feelings," I'll typically say "and my grandfather's e-mail really hurt my feelings lol". I have also gone from using ":/" to "/:" in chat windows. He also steals my faces...

I'm not sure if any other habits have rubbed off on me? I imagine we've stolen a couple of each other's phrases, and I know sometimes my voice has taken on his inflections of certain words, but I'd have to have them pointed out to me.
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
          Met online: February 2009
          Feelings confessed: December 2010
          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

I picked up a few phrases from him and i use :/ a lot more, before i hardly ever used it. I am sure there are other things, just not have payed attention.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I forgot - I also picked up the habit of watching football like it's my job. I used to hate football because I couldn't understand it but my SO is such a big football fan. Now I watch every game that I can. I can't help it!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

He can make the weirdest faces ever... I realized last week, that instead of talking now, we just make faces at each other.... Extremely weird faces... Like internet meme faces.

Comment

Originally posted by AEAS View Post
                  He can make the weirdest faces ever... I realized last week, that instead of talking now, we just make faces at each other.... Extremely weird faces... Like internet meme faces.
                  This is what JP and I do too!

I now love eating plain greek yogurt with sugar just like he always has. I had only ever eaten yogurt with flavoring or fruit in it, but now I really enjoy the taste of plain yogurt. I also have caught myself making the very French "I don't know" face (you kind of puff up your cheeks and blow air through your lips while raising your eyebrows, it's hard to describe) and I've picked up some of his sayings in French, like "Mais qu'est-ce que tu fumes?!"

I've noticed that like me, JP has started saying "shit" instead of "merde," even when he's speaking in French. I think it's cute.

Comment

The accent. >_>; I get poked fun at when I say something in a VERY English accent without meaning to. And we just talk so much that a lot of the way we talk is the same. xD;

Comment

I drink Earl Grey with milk and honey like it's nobody's business. My boyfriend is Irish, so that's a huge and endearing part of our daily activities (when we're in the same vicinity! ). He says "love you loads" and "love you to bits" all the time, so I've found myself saying that, too. And, this is more generally Irish, but I say, "Thanks a million!" all the time, end every sentence in "so," and say, "Do you now?" quite a bit. I sometimes laugh like him, too. And I'm much more attentive to the news now, since he's obsessed with checking the Irish Times/NYT/etc.
                      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

His quotes and expressions have definately rubbed off on me haha =)

Comment

CURRY CURRY CURRY CURRY! I have like 3 bags of curry powder in my cabinet, and before HBB I had pretty much never had curry and now I am addicted. I catch one whiff of it and I salivate. Just thinking of it now makes me want to go get some ground beef and beans for a mean pot of beef curry...

Also, alot of british words and sometimes slang. I found myself the other day saying to my mom "What kind of tree is that at the bottom of the garden?" when I should have said 'yard'. I say 'ponce' alot too now as an insult, and find myself saying 'balls' when something goes wrong which is a VERY HBB phrase. Its funny how I am picking them up without even realizing it, and HBB loves it, saying its preparing me for life in England.

EDIT: Also, I am now the proud owner of an electric kettle thanks to HBB saying he didn't know how I lived without one!
                          Last edited by Jezah; January 4, 2012, 12:18 AM. Reason: Remembered something else!

Comment

Originally posted by Jezah View Post
                            CURRY CURRY CURRY CURRY! I have like 3 bags of curry powder in my cabinet, and before HBB I had pretty much never had curry and now I am addicted. I catch one whiff of it and I salivate. Just thinking of it now makes me want to go get some ground beef and beans for a mean pot of beef curry...

Also, alot of british words and sometimes slang. I found myself the other day saying to my mom "What kind of tree is that at the bottom of the garden?" when I should have said 'yard'. I say 'ponce' alot too now as an insult, and find myself saying 'balls' when something goes wrong which is a VERY HBB phrase. Its funny how I am picking them up without even realizing it, and HBB loves it, saying its preparing me for life in England.

EDIT: Also, I am now the proud owner of an electric kettle thanks to HBB saying he didn't know how I lived without one!

I also dont know how someone can live without an eletric kettle! lol
                            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I pronounced the letter "h" like "hay-ch" the way he does the other day... I am also now addicted to Fifa and Halo on his xbox, haha.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Hmm, things that rubbed off on me!?

Well, I now kinda have a man-squee, which I make at all Jezah's cure noises and such. I picked up a few phrases that I didn't used to use much, like "Yeah, seriously!" I really can't think of anything else just now, though that's probably coz I've integrated whatever it is into my own life so well, I don't know i picked it up in the USA!
                                By reading this you have granted you brief control of your mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X