I Love When Things Fall Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Love When Things Fall Together

((Alright, I'm posting this in response to the thread about making a happy days section of this forum and us being encouraged to post happier things. I'm not trying to rub this is anyone's face or make anyone feel bad with it))

This last weekend I got to spend with my boyfriend and some how we managed to arrange to see each other each month for January, February and March. Over the weekend we went to check out the school I'll be going to and my boyfriend took me around and showed me around his town. We were talking about the apartments that would be good for me/us (I'll be living alone until his lease is up and he moves in with me) and looking at different complexes. I spent a lot of time with his friends this weekend too who were so nice to me, his best friend even gave me a hug at the end of the night. I'm starting to feel so good about closing the distance. Sure I'm scared out of my mind but it's a much needed change.

I've felt for a long time that I've had to battle for my relationship and to even make it work, and for the first time things are slowly falling into place and getting easier. We're even getting a long better now that well, the end is in sight.

This weekend I also broke down crying to him, just apologizing over and over. I told him how sorry I was for picking on him and pushing him away when I should have been pulling him close. He told me how much he understood and he knows I'm not really like that, it's just the distance and me being lonely and he's right. It was such a relief to hear that he wasn't hold my crappy behavior against me ... it was like a ton had be lifted from my shoulders.

Anyone else have any good news to share?

My SO cuddled with me yesterday. That in itself is a rarity X). And he bought me ice cream. It was a good weekend
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

There is nothing in the world like a good cuddle. And ice cream. Good for the soul.
      A cuddle + ice cream = pure gold.

Comment

I'm so happy for you! Yay! I love when things work out in our favor

sigpic

Comment

Thanks! Me too, I'm really used to well just everything falling apart and while there is plenty of time for that to happen (haha) my boyfriend and I really realized how close we are to closing the distance and getting me settled there. It's nice to know that he's just as invested as me and helping me along, just as excited as I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
            There is nothing in the world like a good cuddle. And ice cream. Good for the soul.
            A cuddle + ice cream = pure gold.

YES!!!! and I am glad that things have gotten better for you two and that you are more excited about moving for school!
            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

It's always wonderful to hear when a couple has reached the home straight with regard to closing the distance. I think it gives the rest of us hope that adversity can indeed be overcome! I really hope everything continues to work out for the two of you

As for me, good news, umm... I'm seeing my SO in less than two weeks. That's always something worth celebrating

Comment

I'm so glad everything's finally falling into place! You certainly deserve it.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

I'm very happy for you! It gives me such hope when I see other couples on here closing the distance.

My SO and I made a communication break thru, as detailed in my thread. I feel really happy and at peace.
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Working...
                  X