LDR Students!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR Students!!!

How do you keep up the motivation to do your homework and study? I've been fine up until the last couple of weeks... but I miss my SO soo much that I can't focus on anything!

sigpic

If I don't get a certain GPA I can't go to the UK. =\ That's my motivation.

Comment

I use that mostly as a distraction from when I do miss him. I just dive right on it and work on it.
      ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
      The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

I use it as a distraction. Plus if I don't get good grades, I won't be able to get into a graduate school up north and close the distance. So it's also a motivation!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I always set a time when i was going to study and getting the degree and being the first one to graduate college in my family was motivation enough.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I've been very bad about this myself recently. I just literally finished a comprehensive list of all the things I need to accomplish to get my immediate life back on track this week. Just taking it day by day, and remembering that getting a degree is personally fulfilling to my mind, as well as enriching my general consciousness, and a goal I can achieve. It's what brought me the opportunity of meeting my SO (studying abroad), so I don't want to squander my opportunities for an education. Also, it's a good distraction (even if I don't care about Soviet Politics at a particular moment :P).

You can do it! Just day by day, yes?

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I've been very bad about this myself recently. I just literally finished a comprehensive list of all the things I need to accomplish to get my immediate life back on track this week. Just taking it day by day, and remembering that getting a degree is personally fulfilling to my mind, as well as enriching my general consciousness, and a goal I can achieve. It's what brought me the opportunity of meeting my SO (studying abroad), so I don't want to squander my opportunities for an education. Also, it's a good distraction (even if I don't care about Soviet Politics at a particular moment :P).

You can do it! Just day by day, yes?
            "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Since this is stressing me out so bad right now, I'll post it here.

I'm having SO much trouble getting my work done. I failed a class last semester and this time I just can't seem to focus on my history class at all. I think a lot of it has to do with managing my time between my SO and work, but I can't motivate myself to work anymore. D: It's terrible. It may be easier to go back to taking face to face classes instead of online.

Comment

I kind of use his as a motivational tool so to speak. We will set a skype date late at night, but I can only do it if I finish my work. It usually helps motivate me to get all my work done because it's like a reward!

Comment

When it comes to reading, I usually motivate myself to do it by reading in the bath, the shower, or on the toilet. :P Even if I only get a page or so on the toilet or half of what I need to done in the bath, it's usually more than what I can get done with a computer in front of me. Sometimes I won't bring my computer with me when going to school, or I'll go to the library, and that way I don't have any distractions and get my reading/work done. When it comes to actual work, such as sitting and writing, generally I'll set aside a time to do it and simply stick to it. If I have the structure of "okay, I'm going to work on this from 2-3 and no breaks until 2:30 at least," I'll usually get more done.
                  { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                  Met online: February 2009
                  Feelings confessed: December 2010
                  Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                  Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                  First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                  Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                  Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                  Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                  to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by sarahbear View Post
                    I kind of use his as a motivational tool so to speak. We will set a skype date late at night, but I can only do it if I finish my work. It usually helps motivate me to get all my work done because it's like a reward!
                    Same here! I get tons of homework...like, really really loads. My classmates frequently have to go to school without sleeping a wink at night. But since I really long to speak to my SO, I hurry up and work intensely and it always works. It is a very good motivation...and no, I don't do my homeworks overly fast, I actually get good grades they got better since I began my relationship with my SO. Everything is possible with good motivation.

Comment

It's hard,because I always think about him,so it noteasy to concentrate
                      but I know that if I don't finish my studies I won't have a degree and won't be able to move to him. It's also a motivation to garduate faster, so I can be earlier together with him lol

Comment

When I have to study my SO always tells me, "Keep me in your heart baby, but out of the mind." Or somehting like that lol. Basically, don't think about him and instead keep his love with me in my heart while i study. hehe
                        It helps me kind of, because I focus my thoughts on my homework and don't let them drift off to him because I let him remain in my heart

Comment

oh dear I've always sucked at revising and thinking about my SO all the time makes it even harder...have 4 exams in the next three days, two of which I will fail miserably :/

Comment

If theres anything stopping me from doing my work it's just my own laziness and procrastination habits, never my SO. He usually backs off willingly when I say I have work to do, but maybe that's cause we talk all the time
                            "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
                            Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
                            Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
                            First Visit: December 7, 2017
                            Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by sweetshay View Post
                              If theres anything stopping me from doing my work it's just my own laziness and procrastination habits, never my SO.
                              That and I have to shut down laptop else I'm never going to get anything done. I swear that thing can tempt like anything else and it's my own fault. I love surfing the net!
                              Also, I know I have to study to get a degree and therefore can work to contribute to mine and my SO' s future. That's a big motivator for me. I'd hate to be dependenu on my SO.

Comment

Working...
                              X