No announcement yet.

LDR Students!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to finish all my work before he comes home from school, so we can talk until I have to go to bed. Otherwise I won't allow myself to talk.. We've both applied to the same college in my country, so if we both graduate, and get accepted (highly selective college..) we'll be living two minutes away from each other. That thought keeps me going

Comment

I know how you feel. I miss my SO so much I have even looked into transferring closer to him. What I do is when I miss him I dive in on homework. Immerse yourself in it. Have a skype date picked out and if you get all your work done then you can talk. My SO and I talk all the time, sometimes I'll quiz him for his tests or help edit his papers. He'll give me ideas to write about for my essays (life of a English major). Just don't allow yourself to become distracted by it. Your SO would want you passing in school!

Comment

It's a distraction and my SO and I use a reward system with each other. It works a lot better when we are together, but it still works over the distance. We push each other to keep going and promise things in return for hard work, ie: pictures, skype, presents or massages, etc when we are together. It works much better when we're together, but still...
        Mostly its a distraction for me and I keep focusing on how much closer it will be til I see him by the time I'm done with my work when its big papers or projects.
        We made the decision that school comes before our relationship, so it helps to motivate us. We want to get done with school so we can focus on "us".

Comment

Working...
        X