No announcement yet.

Distance and Time Difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are about 700 miles apart...but we are in the same time zones. I give kudos to all those that have to deal with the time zone differences. (Even though sometimes I feel like I am too when he is working at night and sleeping during the day :P)

Comment

My SO and I lived 2100ish miles apart for years, with a 2-3 hour time difference (depending on daylight savings time).
      He moved closer a few months ago and now it's 533 miles, and we're in the same time zone! Woo!

Comment

I'm in the Netherlands, and he is in Minnesota. That's more than 4000 miles, and I'm 7 hours ahead of him. We talk every evening before I go to bed, when he comes home from school.

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
          I'm in the Netherlands, and he is in Minnesota. That's more than 4000 miles, and I'm 7 hours ahead of him. We talk every evening before I go to bed, when he comes home from school.
          Ditto! but for me 8 hours, he living in Utah. I actually like this time difference because we can talk before I go to sleep
          \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
          \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
          \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

I live in Southern New Jersey... my SO lives in Southern California.... 3,000 miles and 3 hours away from each other...

Comment

I live in Australian and my SO lives in the Unites States, it's 25,500km or 15,950miles distance between us. We have a 15hr time difference minimum but with daylight savings it's 17hrs. It's hard particularly after a visit to endure such a depressing and long flight home. We still have another 2 years by distance because of university and professional commitments. It will be worth it in the end though.

Comment

4,926 miles and an 8 hour time difference for us. We like to call each other for a good 3-4 hours every day, so it messes with my sleeping pattern at the moment lol. I love every moment we spend together though, so its all good. Will suck trying to fit that around work when I get a full-time job (im a graduate atm), but all of you guys have managed it so we can too.

Comment

Ohhh i hate distance between me and my sweet and now it got 4 hours difference agaiin...

Comment

I forgot to say, distance is 4100 miles and time difference - 4 hours.

Comment

Miles apart is 3971

Time difference currently 5 hours since our clocks went back last weekend, but back to six hours next Sunday as there clocks go back!!

I find it hard enough having to deal with 5 or 6 hours time difference so I really commend those who have to deal with much more than me & hubby.........

Started Writing - February 2010
                      First Visit - September 2010
                      Second Visit - June 2011
                      Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                      Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                      Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                      NOA1 - July 2012
                      NOA2 - December 2012
                      Fourth Visit - December 2012
                      Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

We're approximately 7,000 miles apart. There is a whole day time difference. He is...20 hours maybe?.... ahead, I think. Math isn't my best subject.

Comment

The Netherlands and Canada. 3418 miles apart. Im from the Netherlands and I am 6 hours ahead.

Comment

the hague netherlands vs cherry hill NJ USA

4000 miles
                            6 hours difference......
                            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

We're about 14.000 km (8800 miles) apart, me in Sweden and him in Argentina, and right now there's a 4 hour difference between us, with me being ahead of him We just switched to daylight savings time though, so usually it's 5 hours between us

Met online: February 2011
                              Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I am 15188 km (9437 mi) from my GF, with a 7&9 hour time difference. 7 hours is pretty manageable, although a 9 hour time difference is tough.

Originally posted by Tiare View Post
                                I live in Australian and my SO lives in the Unites States, it's 25,500km or 15,950miles distance between us. We have a 15hr time difference minimum but with daylight savings it's 17hrs. It's hard particularly after a visit to endure such a depressing and long flight home. We still have another 2 years by distance because of university and professional commitments. It will be worth it in the end though.
                                Wow how can there be so much distance. It's about 12,000km from Sydney to

Comment

Working...
                                X