Another LDR Post Secret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another LDR Post Secret

Hey all, I just wanted to post this for all of you.

So does anyone else do this? I know when I have to leave from a visit, I dawdle so I'll have just a little more time with him
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

YES! And then when we're at the airport we'll have breakfast before security...

Comment

I do this! Lol and then I will stall for time at the airport. Like, I'll try to keep talking with him to try and distract him from the fact that he has a plane to catch. I'm so terrible lol.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Yes and no. xD Yes because we did do this to an extent, no because a) I was worried about time (in Dublin, going out of the country, you have security but you also have pre-clearance, so you go through customs & immigration there) and b) I didn't want to fall apart. :P I felt like I needed to be strong for us both, and I'm sure he felt the same, as we really were at that really tight-lipped, wet eyed point where all you need is one thing... xD So I was torn between dawdling and getting in that last hug and kiss and leaving, where I could hopefully find relief by finding somewhere to cry and be miserable.
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Pretty sure my SO does this to me all the time when I go up there In fact, the first time I went to visit him, he went so slow he made me miss my flight and I had to reschedule a later one.

Comment

I just go to the greyhound station/airport extra early to get all my stuff done, so I can be with my SO for as long as possible before I board. Whenever I get on it though, I sit in the back and bury my face in my hands. I don't want anybody seeing that I'm crying. I don't know about you guys, but every time I leave it does get a little bit easier. I am started to get use to saying goodbye, because I always look foreword to the next hello!
            Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Generally we try to do quick goodbyes. We don't linger around the airport any longer than necessary, or go take too much time to say goodbye. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. I never really cry, but sometimes I do feel crushed.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I wish I could dawdle, but everytime we say goodbye my IBS flares up so bad that I just want it over with so the pain will stop!

Also the train station we use is about an hour and 10 mins away on a good day with no traffic. Hit traffic and we're in trouble!

Comment

Yeah.. I don't like to linger with anything.. SO when we said goodbye, I'm more of a pull off the band-aid type of person.. I could have stand at the airport for awhile.. but I just wanted to get it over with :'(
                  \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                  \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                  \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

well I don't have to fly to see him, but I sometimes go by train and we always wait till the very last minute to leave to the train station, almost missed my train once because of that..

Comment

Haha we are sosososo bad at saying goodbye up until the point when one of us walks away only to run back for just one more kiss. It might make it harder but it leaves you good memories!

Comment

I try to linger when I say good bye at the airport/station but my SO prefers a quick good bye as he is completely unromantic. Sometimes I envy someone who takes time to say good bye to the partner.

Comment

Yes! I'm always saying "We don't really have to be there 2 hours ahead. so long as we're more than 1 hour it's fine...." and then we spend 10 minutes at least hugging before security when we eventually get there. So hard to let go of him!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X