No announcement yet.

Valentine Gift from your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He surprised me, I woke up to a delivery with roses, chocolates, a cute teddy, who ive named Val, and bath salts, and the best part was as soon as i went online, He was there!! Today has been so nice, he'll brb so have a few moments to just gush and yeah todays been amazing Ive never been sent so many roses before, there just so pretty, hes so good to me <3

Heres a little picture of my roses

And heres my sexy sweet, loving adorable baby, with the gifts he sent
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

I'm pretty sure my guy doesn't even know it's Valentine's Day I don't think it's nearly as big of a deal in Finland as it is here, and not something he's ever really been into. Still, I baked him some chocolate chip cookies, and packaged 'em up with a little stuffed pig and a card, but they haven't arrived yet. I always send a little something, I do it because I want to not because I expect anything in return, but I'm hoping that maybe in 50 years or so, the boy will catch on
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Last night we counted down until 12 AM (our usual holiday tradition), and tonight we're having a nice skype sesh and watching romantic movies (The Last Song and The Notebook) together. Not a tangible present but I'm still happy because I'd much rather have him be saving up his money for a trip here. We're not really the "presents" type of people anyways, but I sent him a card with paper hearts that I cut out and a nice long letter. Didn't tell him about it so I'm excited for him to get it and be surprised. Hope you guys all have great days, gifts or no gifts!

Comment

My birthday was on Saturday so my birthday and Valentine's day presents are always kinda combined together. He was here for the weekend so we celebrated both then. I got some beautiful gold earrings, the most adorable card ever that fits our relationship to a T, Godiva chocolates, and super pretty flowers. (I don't care as much about roses and thought the carnations were much prettier so that's what he bought.)

Comment

I sent my SO a card that took me forever to pick out. He didn't send me anything yet.... Time got away from him I guess. He mailed my card today. I was kind of bummed out.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              I told my SO to buy me flowers. We said no presents, but I knew I'd be really disappointed if he didn't get me flowers (I LOVE flowers!) Evidently, he was planning on getting me some anyways. I hope they're lilies
              He got me lilies

And now that I feel sick, he better get me some chicken soup from the bar down the street. Best soup ever!

Comment

we havent celebrated valentines day yet as he had to go play football tonight i was at college and he was working during the day but tomorrow night we will go for a meal - eating out heaps lately tho cramming in all the places we love to eat before he leaves
                morven and christopher <3

Comment

My SO and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday, since the boxes we'd sent each other had already arrived, and she'd been telling me mysteriously all week that she wanted me to open her box before the weekend, because if I opened it on Tuesday, I wouldn't have time to enjoy it.

Anyways, she went all out. She got me The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim! It was seriously the biggest surprise ever. She always watches me play The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and I've wanted to play Skyrim for ages. To go along with that, she also sent me a little grey puppy, because the leader of the thieves guild, my favorite guild in the game, is a guy known as the Grey Fox, but since she couldn't find a fox, she got a grey puppy (which is actually perfect, because she calls me her puppy, so the grey puppy fits me better. X3 ). She attached a heart to the game box that said "I used to think Valentine's Day was stupid, then I took an arrow to the heart," which is a knock off of the "arrow to the knee" meme that comes out of Skyrim (I think the "arrow to the knee" joke is really funny, but she doesn't, so it was really sweet that she referenced it anyways). She also sent me cherry tootsie pops, which she sent me last year for Valentine's Day, and I loved. And lastly, she sent me a heart box of War Heads that was actually an in-character present to me as Matt (the little ginger in my avatar). I love War Heads, but I can't get them where I live. She also sent me Valentine's Day letters (one from her, and two from our characters), and the one that was from her to me made me cry, it was so sweet and loving.

Anyways, she went above and beyond, and was super sweet. She tied everything together and made awesome references that only further prove that she knows me better than anyone. She is beyond precious and adorable, and I'm really lucky to have her as a Valentine. :3

(Also, just so she knows if she reads this, I don't expect giant Valentines like that every year, as sweet as this was. A card or a letter will always be the best gift. *nod* Not that I don't love what she sent me, oops. ^////^ )

Comment

We celebrated a few weeks ago when we saw each other. I gave him a jar of kisses and handmade coupons. He got me a stuffed dog, a Pittsburgh penguins scarf since we're each others penguins and a terrible towel.

Comment

I got a sweet text message from him. We plan to celebrate this weekend since I come home on Friday! Can't wait to see what happens.
                      "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

He surprised the shit out of me with flowers! I was totally not expecting it! He got me a yellow tea-rose bush. He knows that yellow roses are my absolute favorite flower ( I have one tattooed on my hip, in honor of my grandfather) and he got me a bush so they would last longer. The plants name is Audrey II.
                        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

This is our first Valentine's Day as a couple. I bought us a pair of cheap webcams and had one shipped to him. We had our first Skype date last week! I also sent him a card and the "Love knows no distance" bracelets. He loved that He sent flowers to my work - very pretty bouquet of pink flowers. Then, when I got home tonight there was a package at the front door! It was a monogrammed pillow case with the date we we became engaged. Pictures below Great Valentines from my honey. I can't wait to see him next weekend on his birthday!

*Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Comment

Not exactly a Valentine's usual gift (lol whatever that is) but um a belly dancer dress -____- its beautiful
                            eh its the thought that counts <3

Comment

I received nothing material... but I talked to him a while ago and he said he received my letter already. We'll have a skype date in around two hours when I am done with my homework (last post here and I'll shut down my computer and WORK). He sounded like he was eager to see me and that he really loved my letter. I know this attitude of his, he gets this eager when he is feeling romantic :P He said he's got me a surprise, I'm hoping for some sort of letter, poem or story since I love the way he writes.

He also sent me a text just in the moment where my friends were giving me V-day candy and stuff at school, as if it was one more small present

Personally I'm not one who needs material presents, I'd rather have small, personal details (I love candy though :P )

Must keep reading now if I want to see him tonight!

Comment

@killerkaytee I got the same roses. along with a box of truffles (which he spent the time looking into to see if they had nuts or not bc of my allergy). he wrote me the sweetest card that made me cry at work (good thing everyone else was at a meeting during that time).

i'm going to use the pedals as potpourri so they last.

Comment

Working...
                                X