No announcement yet.

How long till you close the distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so freaking close to closing the distance after 2+ years, it was literally like 85 days away and then something popped up and now I'm stuck here and he isn't sure he wants to move for the couple of years I'd be here just to move back to his town where we were originally going to close the distance. I'm really hating life right now.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

about a year and a half <3 then we close the distance!

Comment

We were close distance for approximately 1.5 years and then became long distance due to college in September 2011. Thankfully I still get to see him during breaks! We are looking to close the distance in a little more than 2 years, approximately May 2014, after I graduate with my BS.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I hope in about 2 years. First i have to save enough money and sell my house. i can use that money for my move too

Comment

Me and my SO have had a lot of problems trying to figure out closing the distance. At first we decided that I would move there, because his parents would freak out if he tried to move away. We thought this way until just recently when he was there for two weeks. He loved it here, and he loved not having to deal with his parents and all of their rules. Plus, he just loved the city itself. Omaha isn't nearly as big as Minneapolis, so it's a lot easier to live here. Anyhow, now our plan is for me to move there for one to two years while he finishes things up there and spends a bit more time with his parents. He wants them to see that he can live on his own and show them that they don't have to worry so much. Then, he will break the news to them that he's moving here.

We will move back here together and get a new place together, instead of him just moving here now into my place. This way, we have both made a sacrifice in moving, we have moved lived in each other's hometowns, and have experienced both places together. The plan may change again, you never know. But trust me when I say, you can be in an LDR for almost two years. Our two year is on March 21st, and it's all been long distance, except for maybe a month of combined time seeing one another. It's possible, and worth it. It's going to be even longer too, because I won't be moving there until he gets a job and moves out into an apartment. So, just breathe! It can work, as long as the both of you want it to and agree to the same plan. Just discuss all your options with him and decide on a choice that is good for both of you.

Comment

At the end of this year. He just has to finish up his studies, which will be around November. Then he's moving here to be with me. I cannot wait.

Comment

We'll close the distance temporarily for around a year in summer of 2013, and we're going from there.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

Well, we're going to spend the summer together this upcoming summer, and then a couple of visits in between (cause he absolutely has to meet my family), and I'll be graduating in 2013, so after that, saving up as much as possible and moving to Ireland to be with him!! It's crazy to think that a little more than a couple of months and a year from now, I could be with him permanently. Oh, the thoughts make my heart go like crazy!!
                  "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

We're not sure. At most I'd say 3-4 years from now but I think we can cope with that!

Comment

3-4 more years. I have to finish Highschool, and I'm probably going to 2-year college out here before moving away.

Comment

5 months, unless I magically get a job there before then and then I'll move in 3-4 months?

Comment

We are counting down - 3ish months to go. I graduate in may. I thought I could move directly to him but I was offered a job here over the summer. So I will probably stay for some of the summer while I hunt for a more permanent job. He thought he would come stay here with me, which works if a.) he doesn't decide to transfer schools b.) can finish his thesis before may or c.) can do his thesis without being at school the whole time. We should def have the craziness cleaned up no later than August. I always thought our end to the distance would be really easy because I don't have any ties to where I live now, but I can't pass up a job I basically had handed to me.

Comment

We have several back-up plans, but Plan A is for me to attend university in the UK (where he is, I'm in the US), get all the education I need, and then see which country I can get a job in first. It's likely that we'll be long distance again between me finishing school and finding a job. But a few years close to him while I go to school would be brilliant. So, we're looking at summer/fall 2013 for the distance to be (temporarily) closed.

Comment

He has been accepted to a college in my country, but we're both applying to another college too. If we both get accepted, we'll be living about a minute away from each other, of one of us doesn't, it will be about an hour, but still close enough! I'm visiting him at the end of July, since we both have to work a lot after our graduation in May. We'll fly back to Holland together, I'm so excited!

Comment

this is the big question! we have no idea! I thought maybe by the end of this year but maybe in 1.5 years. we're also waiting on getting married until his health is where he wants it to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X