No announcement yet.

How to discuss her jealousy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the OP -- This makes things clearer. Like Eclaire, the way I understood was that your child wasn't with you. And I found it really weird that a mother who is supposedly separated from her child expresses no concern for the child in the first few posts here, doesn't even mention it exists; and the biggest distress is losing the girlfriend. Then the child is suddenly introduced as a twist. I'm sorry, this is nothing personal, it was just a really weird story.

This woman obviously doesn't care either for you or your daughter. She obviously does not see her as her own daughter otherwise she would be concerned for her wellbeing. Please for the sake of your child, cut contact with her and move on.
    Last edited by Malaga; April 12, 2012, 04:20 AM.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

This is a lot more complicated than your original story seems, because of your daughter, and in my opinion, I actually think her, and her wellbeing is the most important thing here. Your SO showing no regard for her wellness when she is in hospital is nothing more than selfish, and, to be frank, quite pathetic - This is someone who regards themselves mature enough to raise a child.

Some amount of jealousy will always exist in a relationship. I have awful issues when it comes to exes, and I admittedly give my SO hell at times, but when this is the case, we talk it through, and I can realise that actually, it's my problem, rather than anything he has done. I can understand jealousy, but I can also see that its MY issues.

LDR's are difficult enough, without being told you can't go out and have your own friends. You need this, and actually, your daughter needs to see you living a healthy life, in a healthy relationship too.

Like it or not, you are the main role model in your daughter's life. I agree with the above threads - Only you know your relationship, but you need to do right by your daughter.

Comment

Working...
      X