How does your SO calm you down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does your SO calm you down?

Does your SO have any tricks to calm you down if you're angry, sad or upset?

My SO really helped me out tonight and talked me through everything that was on my mind. I really appreciated it because sometimes I get so focused on the emotional side of things, it's good to have him there to rationalize everything. Sometimes he tries to rationalize at the wrong times, like when I'm crying or upset and I really need to just be comforted, but he's learned how to deal with that now.

The one thing he does that really means a lot to me is when he wipes the tears off my face, and when I'm home and I miss him, I really wish he could do that for me. He always makes funny faces at me so I don't cry when it gets close to when I have to go home/he has to go home. And if he sees a tear, he wipes it on his finger and goes, "What's this?" and looks at it all confused.

I just really miss him tonight and I'm kind of posting everywhere. I wish he was here.

When he sees me freaking out, he tends to lower his voice. Men's voices can be really soothing at times =p. If we're together, he'll do really playful things to make me laugh. He's always the person I turn to when I'm freaking out.

Comment

When he sees me worried, or knows that something is bothering me, he tends to try to push it out of me and get me to talk to him with what's going on. He usually tries to lighten things up, by showing me a funny video he has seen during the day, or says something to make me laugh. Usually that gets me in a good mood and calms me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomrose View Post
        When he sees me worried, or knows that something is bothering me, he tends to try to push it out of me and get me to talk to him with what's going on. He usually tries to lighten things up, by showing me a funny video he has seen during the day, or says something to make me laugh. Usually that gets me in a good mood and calms me down.
        That's pretty much what my SO does. He says just the right things to get me to spill everything. Somehow he always knows what's on my mind, sometimes before I even do.
        sigpic
        Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
        Our first LDR ~ August 2009
        Closed the distance ~ January 2011
        He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
        Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
        He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
        Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
        Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

If we're together when I get upset (usually because the end of our visit is imminent) my SO is there with a big cuddle and that's often all I need to feel better. If we're apart, he'll talk me through my sad feelings until I can see some light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

He reminds me that everything will be ok. Sounds simple enough but those few little words change my whole day.

Comment

He will talk about anything and everything with me if that will help, or he'll just listen. (He's a great listener!)
              Also, if I am down, he will work hard to be super funny and cheerful to help me be in a better mood. Just knowing that he is trying to make me happy always helps cheer me up, even if i'm going through something that is difficult.

Comment

He listens. He tells me he understands, but only when he does, and he assures me that everything's going to be okay.

When we're together, he holds me and wipes my tears for me and nuzzles me until I'm calmed down.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by LoveJ View Post
                  He reminds me that everything will be ok. Sounds simple enough but those few little words change my whole day.
                  My boyfriend is like that with me. Whenver I'm worried and start fretting, he wants to skype with me as soon as possible to calm me down and talk the issues out. He manages to take my worries seriously and always tells me that everything is going to be ok in the end. He's the faithful and optimistic kind of guy. Makes me feel stupid for worrying sometimes. Haha!

Comment

Depends, if im sad or upset online about what. If im crying and frusterated he waits and soothes me with words, or he'll try to cheer me up. If im upset he kinda waits and lets me come to him, he'll write me a lil but more wait. When in person if im sad or upset with something he'll comfort me by holding me and talking in a low voice, letting me hold on him and cry. He's done that a few times and made me feel all better.
                    Crazy but he has the power, can make me feel all better lol
                    I love you Nathan <3
                    sigpic
                    5/25/09 <3

Comment

Dylan calms me by being rational. I tend to get over-emotional and take things personally and Dylan helps me take a step back and look at things rationally. He also calms me by telling me that I have good reason to feel a certain way if I really do. He wouldn't lie, but sometimes I'm justified in my feelings and he lets me know when he thinks I am. That calms me down by helping me not feel crazy. He also reminds me to worry about me and not about what other people think. He's definitely the voice of reason in our relationship
                      My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
                      It's just me and you
                      Put the pedal to the metal
                      Baby, turn the radio on
                      We can run to the far side of nowhere
                      We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

Cuddling, forehead kisses, excellent listening skills and a soothing voice.

Notes:
                        Met: 8.17.09
                        Started Dating: 8.20.09
                        First Met: 10.2.10
                        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

When we are together, I don't need calming down, he makes me quiet and peaceful by just being around me. When we're LD he uses different ways. Usually humor to make me laugh. Or if I'm to far gone then he uses heavy sarcasm and it snaps me out of it and I can laugh. He throws quite a strop himself. I happen to find it completely amusing, I literally have to smother the giggles, THAT works to shock him out of it. lol

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                          And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

She doesn't really need to do anything. I only need to look into her beautiful blue eyes, and all my troubles, be they personal, political or otherwise, just fade away to nothing.
                            National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dauntedpoet View Post
                              When we are together, I don't need calming down, he makes me quiet and peaceful by just being around me. When we're LD he uses different ways. Usually humor to make me laugh. Or if I'm to far gone then he uses heavy sarcasm and it snaps me out of it and I can laugh. He throws quite a strop himself. I happen to find it completely amusing, I literally have to smother the giggles, THAT works to shock him out of it. lol
                              This.

My SO simply calms me by his presence. I remember that was one of the original things that struck me about him when we first began dating; ha made me feel content, and it is very rare for me to feel that with a person. I'm not quite sure how he accomplishes it--it's somewhere between his smile and his embrace--but he always manages to make the world right again.

Most of all, he simply listens. If I need to cry, he calls me "baby" and tells me how much he loves me, over and over, and wishes he could be there to hold me. With my crazy school schedule this semester, he has had more than his fair share of earfuls about papers, work, and more papers....poor guy. :P

Still trying to remember how I lived without him in my life before.
                              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Working...
                              X