Children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children?

I thought about this the last weeks so I wanted to hear how everyone else is thinking about this issue..
    I'm turning 24 this year and I think something in me tries to tell me that I should slowly plan my future like marriage and having children lol it's not that I want them now, but I would like some before I'm turning 30 -6 more year to go lol- I haven't talked with my SO about this topic, but I know that one day he wants a family too and when I see him with his niece my heart melts and I'm sure one day he would be the best dad for our children

So when would you like to have a family?How many children?Do you think your SO would be a great dady?

editing: I forgot to say that I would like to have 2 maybe 3
    Last edited by lala; April 30, 2012, 09:52 AM.

We're not sure about kids yet. Neither of us are ready right now, but both of us are open to the idea in the future. Maybe 5 years from now, maybe more, maybe never. We'll probably adopt if we do decide to have kids. I think my SO and I would make great parents. That's sort of the reason I want them, to raise more awesome people like us

Comment

You'll know when it's right for you. I had my son five years ago and My SO got his son three years ago. As for my SO and I having children together, we haven't discussed it as yet but I think we just want to enjoy each other as much as we can for now.

Comment

When it comes to having kids, it's probably pretty hard to gauge when you want to have them. I didn't think I'd ever have kids until I met my SO, now I can't wait to make sweet little babies with him. Well, I say that figuratively; we're still going to wait a little while and get all our ducks in a row before we have kids. He's already an amazing dad (he's got 2) and I'm so lucky to have him both as my love and as the father to my (future) children. I'd love to have two with him. My girl side wants one of each

Comment

From time to time I find myself in tears because I want to be a wife and mother now, and I can't! My rational side tells me that my SO and I are still too young, our situation too unstable etc. but it's hard to fight that instinct to settle down, it's so strong When the time is right I'd like three or four children, and yes, with my SO please I can't imagine another man whose babies I'd want to have more... they'd be dearly loved, that's for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
            From time to time I find myself in tears because I want to be a wife and mother now, and I can't! My rational side tells me that my SO and I are still too young, our situation too unstable etc. but it's hard to fight that instinct to settle down, it's so strong When the time is right I'd like three or four children, and yes, with my SO please I can't imagine another man whose babies I'd want to have more... they'd be dearly loved, that's for certain.
            I know isn't it bad?! last year I was not sure if I ever want to be married,cause I was depressed of all this jerks around me..but after just one year (and of course meeting my SO) I want to have a big family. A mummy who cooks and take care of her hubby and babies

Comment

I can't wait to be a mother. Having children one day is extremely important to me and I couldn't see a future with someone who never wanted kids.

So when would you like to have a family?
              Ideally I'd like to start a family in about 10 years (around 29 years old) as long as I am married and financially stable. My SO agrees with that timeline.

How many children?
              I'd like to have 3 or 4 children, hopefully one girl and two/three boys.

Do you think your SO would be a great dady?
              He would be an excellent father. I have a pretty severely handicapped brother who has the mental age of a 5 year old and cannot dress, feed, or bathe himself. My SO and my brother get along so well. My SO is a great caretaker for him. He babysits and helps us take care of him. They love each other to death. That has shown me how excellent of a father my SO will be.

There is a possibility I may not be able to have biological children. So adoption may be in our cards.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I don't know if I'll ever be a mother...
                The clock is kinda tickin and well... I have never met any nice guy to have children with.
                For my current bf now, it's still too soon to have that talk.
                And thing is, even if I were to be ready eventually soonish, I'm pretty sure my bf won't be for a long while.
                ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

my SO and I both eventually want to have kids, I'm sure he'd make a really great dad. I remember hearing a quote somewhere, "don't marry a man unless you'd be proud to have a son just like him." :3

I have a hormone disorder that causes me to have low fertility, and I had become comfortable with that and decided that I would just adopt in the future and that would be okay! then I met my SO. I'd still be fine with adopting, I'd love to give a baby a good home someday, but now that I'm actually WITH someone, when I look at him I'm a bit sad that I might not be able to have biological kids with him. I see all these qualities about him that I would love to see in a future child. it's funny how being with someone you love makes you want a family so badly. I've been thinking about it a lot, even though kids aren't going to happen for at least six more years!

I'm 22 now, and my SO is 20, and I guess I'd like to have kids when I'm 28-32ish. I want to give my SO and I some time to be together, do some traveling, be totally financially stable before having a baby. I am an only child, and while it has its perks, for me I was really lonely growing up and always wanted a sibling. I'd like to have 2 or 3 kids, ideally a girl and a boy. I guess that's pretty typical. :P
                  Last edited by one-more-reason; April 30, 2012, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by one-more-reason View Post
                    my SO and I both eventually want to have kids, I'm sure he'd make a really great dad. I remember hearing a quote somewhere, "don't marry a man unless you'd be proud to have a son just like him." :3

I have a hormone disorder that causes me to have low fertility, and I had become comfortable with that and decided that I would just adopt in the future and that would be okay! then I met my SO. I'd still be fine with adopting, I'd love to give a baby a good home someday, but now that I'm actually WITH someone, when I look at him I'm a bit sad that I might not be able to have biological kids with him. it's funny how being with someone you love makes you want a family so badly. I've been thinking about it a lot, even though kids aren't going to happen for at least six more years! :P
                    I'm sorry to hear that hun. but never give up!! I heard from sooo many couples who weren't able to have biological children but in the end they had.. but like you said there are other options.

Comment

We'd like to have 2 or 3 =) He's gonna be a great daddy and he's just as excited as I am to have them =) I think I want our first one before I'm 25

Comment

I definitely want kids as does my SO. I'm 33 now, so we need to get a move on it soon! (which explains why I often feel stressed about speeding up our closing the distance timeline)...I think the having kids thing has to come when both are ready and the timing is right. I can honestly say in my 20's, I was not ready. Besides the fact I was never too sure about my future with my then boyfriend, I was very focused on my career, grad school, and traveling. I've accomplished a lot of my goals in that respect, so having met my SO now, I definitely feel ready to settle down and start a family. We are still working out the money part, but I have no doubt that he will be a great, dedicated father.

Comment

@Books

I definitely want kids as does my SO. I'm 33 now, so we need to get a move on it soon!
                          I know how that feels, I'm 30 and I feel the clock tickin : (
                          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

I definitely want kids with my SO, but not for at least another 5 years. We're 22 and 23 now so I'd say 27 and 28 at the earliest is when we'd start a family. We want to own a home and be financially stable first. I've seen firsthand the struggles when you're not financially stable, because I grew up in a household where money was tight.

My SO and I both love kids! He's an elementary school teacher and everyone says how great he is with the Kindergarteners. I also work with kids and hope to become a school speech therapist in the future. I want 3 or 4 kids, but my mom says I'll change my mind after having one. She's probably right, but you never know. As for now, I'm just eager to finish school and close the distance and then I'll think about getting married and having kids.

Comment