No announcement yet.

new to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! It took me a couple days of being on LFAD to figure out SO. and thanks for explaining HBB. I could never figure that one out... lol

Comment

i never had issues figuring out what SO stands for... but yeah... HBB i knew it was some sort of nickname but I was really curious about it so I did my research and found out it stands for Hot British Boy haha how cute is that?? If I had ever came up with something like that it would have been "HRCM" (Hot Redhead Canadian Man lol) but i don't think it works haha...

I had troubles finding out what IMO/IMHO mean but it only took me reading a couple of posts to finally understand it.

Welcome to LFAD... feel free to post whatever you want, LFADers may not always tell you what you want to hear, but they'll (we'll) help you all the time

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        No problem, PM me anytime, I'm happy to tell you whatever you want to know! I'm born and raised here, so ask away Here's some info about Philly accents, it's quite unique apparently. We all sound weird! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_dialect
        This link is so fascinating, but I love the Philly accent--it's like a weird mixture of classic New Yawk and Boston with a little bit of Midwestern.

Comment

Alot of the text acronyms stump me. maybe its the age
          everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
            This link is so fascinating, but I love the Philly accent--it's like a weird mixture of classic New Yawk and Boston with a little bit of Midwestern.
            Haha, thanks, it is pretty good Until I read it a couple of years ago, I didn't even realize how Philly my accent is, or how many things I pronounce "incorrectly". Raine tends to pick it up from talking to me, and it's really strange to hear it coming from a Finn
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Trethsparr View Post
              If you saw Jezah use it, it stands for "Hot British Boy," the nickname she uses when referring to her SO.
              I could use the term "HBB" then :P. It seems that Jezah is the only one who uses it though and I wouldn't want to seem like i was talking about HER HBB.

In all seriousness, this one did stump me. I also did some google searching and came up empty handed and simply had to accept that it was the name Jezah uses for her SO.
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I technically have a HBB too

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                  haha, i don't know either! my google searched turned up: home-based business, hospital blood bank, and hexabromobenzene (what the heck is that?!), to name a few. my best guess (from the results i found) is probably "hip beyond belief" but, i honestly have no idea! i'm stumped too.
                  LOL I thought I was the only one who googled it. I came up with nothing too.

Comment

Working...
                  X