No announcement yet.

Closed-minded SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi honey--first off, I just want to offer you a hug. *huge, huge hug* No one ever, EVER should be put in that situation. You are an independent, beautiful, individual woman, and no man, woman, anyone, should ever treat you like your boyfriend is cheating you.

Everyone else has said what I wanted to say, but my biggest concern that I have to address, is how you feel like this is "all your fault." That's NOT true. You have EVER right to wear shorts, go to concerts, be an individual, for heaven's sake! The way your boyfriend is treating you is wrong, draining, and abusive. I don't know if your message is a cry for help, or if you realize it's a cry for help just yet, but you need to get out, and get out fast. You, as a human with dignity, deserve someone who treats you well.

I am not judging your relationshiop, nor can I force you to take any course of action. I hope, I truly, truly hope that you take time to re-evaluate if this is how you want to spend the rest of your life--on a metaphysical leash--or if you want to be free to be yourself. I completely respect the fact that you're not very comfortable showing skin--I think modesty is a very underrated virtue! But when someone forces your image into his own, and you don't even have your own voice, that's when I become worried.

I'm here for you if you need to talk. Please, feel free to PM me if you need a listening ear or someone to talk to.

I truly hope you can find peace.
    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

This is not closed minded sweetheart, it's being abusive and controlling.
      No loving bf will tell you how to dress or where to go.
      You are a person not a puppet.
      He needs to understand that you are his gf not his kid.
      ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

It's such an unfair thing, falling in love with an abusive person. But for your own sake, you need to get out. It will escalate, and he won't listen to your reasoning for what you did. It's not your fault at all that he's getting upset over completely ridiculous things, that's his problem.

I know that what everyone's saying isn't what you want to hear, but for your own well being and safety, you need to look after yourself. You'll move on and be happy in time, but not if he's in your life. At least one good thing is that these issues surfaced before closing the distance, because you can have space from him and not be subjected to his abuse directly every single day.

I'm really sorry to hear what he's been doing, and I hope you'll listen to everyone's advice. As someone who's been through it (with a family member, not an SO, so I guess it's a bit different) I know the feeling of blaming yourself for everything, and not seeing it as abuse. Best of luck, and I hope you take care of yourself.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

im just gonna say what you dont wanna hear, dump his ass! He will never change, in fact he'll only get worse. he sounds extremely controlling and abusive, and like other people said it will escalate eventually! thats not love at all!

Comment

You definitely need to get out of the relationship.

But my first thought was that he was acting like this due to religious beliefs. If you practice to the same extent that he does, then all I can recommend is to adhear to your religious beliefs or break up with him. This will only continue to happen as long as you allow it to.

Comment

Judging by her profile, I think she's left the forum guys .

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                hmm ya i think so

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                  Looks like it I hope she'll be ok.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                  Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I hope as well that she will be ok.
                    Thing is we come here to talk,vent and ask for advices.
                    Not to be told 'what we would like to hear' but to know more about ppl living the same things as we do during LDR.

best luck to her
                    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Working...
                    X