Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longest time you've spent apart without seeing your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest time you've spent apart without seeing your boyfriend/girlfriend?

I felt like asking to see how long all of ya'll have went without seeing your SO's because I'm going through a really rough time at the moment.It's been since November 1st 2011 since I've last seen mine. His work travels a lot and has him working a lot not to mention him losing his grandpa back in March. I honestly don't know when I'll be getting to see him again and I'm about to go crazy I feel like because this is the longest time I've had apart from seeing him. This just hasn't been a good year for him at all and that's what he tells me all the time when we talk...I just want to know how do all of you stay strong through times like these? And how long have you guys went without seeing your SO's?

About six months, during the first of which he lost his mother. I'm not really sure I can say how we made it through because a lot of that time went by in one big blur. We dealt with loss of contact, a break, issues within our relationship, my own re-evaluation of it... That might all have distracted me from the actual doing-nothing-but-missing part (I'm experiencing that more now), but all I can really say is that we got through it by surviving it. We did it because we had to and because the only alternative was breaking up and staying broken up. I also did a lot of keeping busy. I'm closer to my family than to the people I know from college, so I spent a lot of time hanging out with my family (asking to see movies, going for walks, etc.) and also reconnected with old friends from freshman year. I picked up exercising, started going to an exercise class weekly, and renewed my library card. Basically, I kept busy so that I didn't have to think about what was going on.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

The longest for us was between when we first declared feelings to when we first met which was almost 13 months. There was about 3 months between that visit and when he came to see me and now I'm not likely to see him again until around October. It's tough but we spend a lot of time talking online, Skype webcam calls and the like. Hang in there (hugs).

Comment

The longest was just over 4 months between July 15, 2010 and November 20, 2010. July was when I left Ireland and we became LD, and November was our first visit

I guess during those times, I just kept busy to not have to be sad all the time. For the first month of it I was backpacking around Europe, so that helped lol. And then once I got back to Canada, I tried to stay distracted and find new things to do!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

The last time i saw him was end of July 2011.. and I will see him again end of July 2012! It was a pretty hard one year and our plans to see eachother changed completely.he was supposed to come to Germany but he can't..so I'm going to visit him 7 weeks in Canada and stay at his parents house. I cried a lot this past year and we almost broke up.But we have such deep feelings for eachother and don't want to give up although we won't be able to close the distance the next 3 years.
          LD is hard, but I know it will be worth it when we finally see eachother and I can't wait!

Comment

Last time i saw my man was about a month ago and i wont see him again till august. This is the longest time we've been apart. Longest time we've spent together in one go was 8 weeks.
            Way we deal with it is talking alot and going home is my "working holiday" lol. His place is my home now : ) I'll be back home soon

Comment

September 2011 till May 2012 is the longest we've spent apart, i dont know when i'll see him again.
              As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Ours was 3 months, December until March

Comment

7 months. 17th of october to 24th may. (we closed the distance today)

Comment

Originally posted by Zapookie View Post
                    aaaaw that's amazing!! congrats

Comment

For us it was three months, between March and June 2011. On average our visits are about 8-10 weeks apart and 2-3 nights in length. We're looking forward to August as that will be our longest trip to date (and I won't see him from now until then).

Originally posted by ChibiFelicia View Post
                      Way we deal with it is talking alot and going home is my "working holiday" lol. His place is my home now : ) I'll be back home soon
                      We think like this too! When I have to leave for London my SO tells me to have a nice time visiting my family, and come back home soon

Comment

10 months. a total of 10 months i culdnt meet my SO, it was hard but its worth it. because i believe today we both are so strong because we went through such a time peroid. i ve definitely become more patient, caring and loving as a person because i learnt so much while coping with distance for such a long time

Comment

Congratulation, that's awesome

As for me, it was ten months, from April 2010 to Feb 2011. That was difficult. Not the long period itself, but the fact that I had no idea when I'll be able to see him again. The uncertainty was hard.

OP: Haven't seen him since the begininng of November, too, but it's been easier to deal with because I knew quite early when I was going to see him again. So maybe you should focus on that.
                          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

yay!! congratulations!!!!

longest so far for us has been about 2 months. I saw him this past weekend, and now I don't know when I'm going to see him again. might not be until end of August early September.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

A year.

(ps- there's lots of threads like this already)

Comment

Working...
                              X