Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longest time you've spent apart without seeing your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my previous LDR we were together in person for a month out of 2 years. In my current one.. we're meeting finally in a month, after wanting to meet (as friends) for almost 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Zapookie View Post
      7 months. 17th of october to 24th may. (we closed the distance today)
      Congrats! !!!

My longest was 4 months. It was at the very start of our distance and it was really hard. Those 4 months may happen again this upcoming fall semester. :/ Who knows. Hopefully he'll be able to come visit me, I won't be able to visit him at all because I'll be interning.

Comment

The longest we've ever been apart was four months. However, I won't see him for six months before we get married. That will be the longest we've ever been apart. At least, I know there will be a good result at the end.
        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
        Made it official: September 17, 2010
        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
        Got married: November 21, 2012
        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

it will be 8 months, December 2011 till August 2012 (which still is unofficial so it could well be until december which is 12months D: ) Other than that, the longest was 4 months >.<

Comment

So far it's been almost five months and will likely be six months if he can't come next month. During the first two months our communication was non-existent and I thought he wasn't interested not realizing that the number I was ignoring was him

Comment

7 months, from the start of our relationship (March 2011) to October 2011. It was worth the wait <3.

Comment

so far its been 9 months since we've been physically together. We video chat almost everyday on Skype, and text or chat through AIM. Hang in there. Every relationship has rough patches, if its worth it you can make it through together <3

Comment

This time around, it will be almost exactly one year. From June 17, 2011 - June 16, 2012 we'll have been apart, but thankfully I'm going to be there 3 1/2 months this time so a nice amount of time, and it makes it feel less... instead of more often visits, it's a longer visit. I got through it by just taking each day at a time and knowing he was worth the wait and I'd see him soon.. plus we talk all the time on ooVoo video chat. But it is really difficult, especially when you see others seeing their SO's more often.. but then when they are seeing them just for a weekend or a week or two it puts it into perspective I guess.. anyways.. if they are worth waiting for, you'll find a way to manage. Keep yourself busy, make money for your visit if you can.. talk to them as much as you both are able to schedule.. and remind yourself they are worth the wait and you'll see them soon. You can do this!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their input. I've somehow managed to stay sane this long so what's a few more months? Lol. But anyways I'm trying to stay positive about it. Mostly whenever we get to visit each other, its only for a weekend and if were lucky, a week. I'm hoping I'll get to see him soon but I have no idea when I'll get to see him again. But if I didn't think he was worth it I wouldn't be with him being so far away.

Comment

We physically met each other back in February 2010. We did not see each other again 'til this past February... so almost two years apart. I'm going to visit him this December for about a month, so that is a relief.

Comment

Almost 6 months exactly, from December 2011 to June 2012 (9 days still I see him again!!! ), and this time I'll be spending the whole summer with him and his family. It's been the hardest 6 months of my life, but he is SO worth it, no matter how hard it hurts to be apart.

I love him so much. <3
                        "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Soon to be 5 months and its rough, very rough.
                          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

we were together for three months when we had our first separation. that wait was four and a half months (July-November 2011). then he stayed with me for two and a half months and now I haven't seen him since he left on February 4th. soooo as of now this wait has been nearly four months, and I'll be going back to see him in September so it'll be roughly seven months total. if my work holiday visa works out I get to be with him for a year, which is amaaaaazing. and hopefully this separation right now will be our longest time apart!

Comment

1 year and a day is the longest we've gone.

Notes:
                              Met: 8.17.09
                              Started Dating: 8.20.09
                              First Met: 10.2.10
                              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

6 months..

193 days to be exact
                                \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                                \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                                \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

Working...
                                X