Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you and your SO talk? Like in general?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see. Our most regular and reliable means of communication is e-mail. Every workday, all throughout the day, we exchange e-mails. I suppose it slightly affects our productivity but it's not that bad. For the last year I've been having some internet issues, so most of the time I don't have access to it at home. When I do we Skype (we try to do that at least once a week) or talk on IRC. When I don't, we exchange a couple of text messages (but we often don't). Phone calls are pretty sporadic. Once or twice a week, for a few minutes.

We used to be much more in touch than we are now, but I really don't mind spending some time apart, so long as I know that he's alive and well. It feels healthier.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

We text all day everyday. I can use my phone anytime while I'm at work so thats good. But us being able to text all day or have phone calls thrown in thoughout the day are soon going to end. He will soon be starting a new job and will not have his phone at all during work hours including lunch adn breaks until he has money to buy another phone. One without a camera he is not allowed to have a phone with one on site. So that will take a bit to get used to. We dont email much no real need to. We use skype or oovoo every night when we are watching tv or movies or when we are playing something on pogo or WoW or something. We also see eachother every night before bed, and then we turn the cams off and we go to bed on skype or oovoo. It helps both of us sleep better. I know we are very lucky to talk or text and see eachother as much as we do and we never take it for granted.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here glad to know that there are people out there going through the same thing as i am! My "boyfriend" (havent met in person yet ) and I talk almost everyday (longest he's gone without talking to me was 3 days and that almost killed me; thought he didnt care, etc. ya know!) He's deployed on a ship right now so its harder than when he was on land, cuz then we get to talk all day through facebook messenger and skype every now and then. but all we have right now is email but he promised to email me at least once everyday and has been sticking to it. wish you all the best!

Comment

Text every day sometimes all day, sometimes only 'hey, how are you?' and 'good night'.
          We call a couple times a week, or try to anyway.
          We communicated a lot more before this summer, but we've both been so busy that we haven't had time to think about it some days.

Comment

We text pretty much every day, even if it's only 'how was your day?'. We don't actually speak often but we send emails sometimes & we see each other in person about once a month. I don't think we have ever gone more than 2 days with some form of communication.

Comment

Hm, a lot of these replies with international time differences etc. make me feel silly for feeling like I don't have enough time with my SO! We text daily, although he works 50hr weeks. On his 12hr work days, I don't get as many texts obviously. However, I get a phone call every night or a Skype call (Since he only has free minutes at night or weekends). Usually for about 25min while he drives home, then about an hour before bed. I'm seriously in awe over those of you who only get to chat a couple times a week or less!

Comment

We have an 8 hour time difference, but make time to talk daily. We have proper, one-on-one conversations (as in Skype where it's only me and him and not over the internet/text) probably about once a week or once every other week, or that's what we aim for anyway. Sometimes things come up and it's a while before we can Skype, but for the most part, we try to do it at least a couple times a month.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

We talk via Skype and Viber almost every day. Sometimes we e-mail, but rarely.

No one seems to have mentioned Viber here, but if you have an iPhone/Android phone, it's a great little program!

Comment

We talk on the phone every day - he works 12 hour shifts, days and nights... he's extremely tired after his shifts, so when he's on day shifts, we'll talk for a good hour to 2 hours in the evening since I'm now on day shifts too (transitioned from afternoon/evening shifts to days) so it makes it a lot easier since I don't get home so late anymore.

But when he's on night shifts, it's difficult, he has a hard time transitioning to night shifts and sleeping like he should through the day... so depending how tired he is, we'll talk for 15-30 minutes before I gotta leave for work and he's about to pass out, which ever comes first. LOL

It's been getting harder because he can't text AT ALL while at work, but the moment he's finished his shift and on his way home, he texts me about his crazy day! =)

On his days off, depending how he's doing, if he's in the hospital or not, we'll text more often, and we'll talk from at least 1.5 hours to 3-4 hours, it all depends.

I miss his loving texts the most since he can't text at work... things like telling me that work should release me because he misses me and they should do what he asks. LOL <3

Every now and then, we plan Skype dates, especially when we miss each other most and need to see each other and have more than usual intimate time. We had one a couple nights ago after failing the 2 times before because we've been so tired.

I used to regular send pictures of myself by email and he'd see them whenever... it's been a while since I've done that until recently. He loves it when I do and I love it when he has new pics of him too!
                    Last edited by love.giggles.n.cupcakes; June 29, 2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Me SO and I have a 2 hour time difference. But because of our schedules we aren't able to talk much. For the past week we'll Skype every night. But he's starting his old shift this week which means he'll be sleeping when I get off work... Outside of Skype we hardly get to talk or text because of his schedule...

We will try and plan at least 1 weekend for Skyping though..

Comment

Me and my gf use the Pair app to keep in touch. She has an iphone and I have an iTouch, so it works pretty well. We text sometimes and never really call each other. But we send videos and I record her songs I've written, she enjoys that. We also send FB messages, blog posts, AIM, Tumblr. We really utilize the internet. Sadly no skype, but we Oovoo chat sometimes.

I recommend the pair app and the calander Cozi. Great organizational thing. We put in our schedules and work around them, it really helps.

Just let him know how youre feeling in a calm manner and try to come up with solutions.

Comment

My fiance and I talk four days a week with a six hour time difference. It really is hard when there's such a big time difference. It helps that both of our schedules are set. We use Skype a lot. The good thing about Skype is that you don't have to have a camera to use it. As long as you have a microphone, you can voice call each other.
                          We also text each other at least once a day (mostly to say good night). We also email each other during the week while he's at work. His boss is really cool about it. He says as long as he finishes all of his work, he doesn't care. It's pretty nice.
                          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                          Made it official: September 17, 2010
                          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                          Got married: November 21, 2012
                          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                          X