No announcement yet.

First Visit: Who Came To Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He visited me first. I still haven't been to his home because I am afraid of flying and trains. I HAVE to get my license so I can go meet his family soon! He's met everyone in my family But until then, he will continue to come to me, he's a great guy!

Comment

Im going to her first... next month! And it wasnt convenience at all. I have a really tight school and work schedule, but got lucky with how things are going to fall on a long weekend. She offered to come to me first since she is out of school for the summer, but it didnt feel right to me. I feel like I should go there and meet her parents first. Just so things are more comfortable for her and her parents. Idk, it was just something important to me.

Comment

He came to me first, for a variety of reasons

Comment

I went to him first. He's very, very shy and I offered, besides he lives alone and I had my kid, her boyfriend, three dogs, a cat and a bunny No privacy there!
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

He came to visit me first.

Comment

He visited me first. Not sure why either...he just really wanted to meet and figured he'd come here. I visited him the last two times

Met: November 19, 2010
              Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
              Made it official: April 29, 2011
              Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
              Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
              Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
              K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
              Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
              Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

I'm going to him 1st .... just easier that way {kinda, for personal reasons} but he's going to pay for everything {he won't let me pay}

Comment

He visited me first. Not because of money (we split the ticket price). But because we're both traditional and also felt that it was the safer option as opposed to me (the girl) traveling to visit him when we'd never met.
                  Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Comment

He came to me because he already decided that he wanted to study in The Netherlands, so he wanted to look at all important cities to be sure he wanted to move.

Comment

I visited him first because I couldn't wait another 2 months till he's done with training.

Comment

I went to her. I think because of gender.
                        She was off from UNI all summer. Where as I had so much work and VISA's to get passed.
                        But I wanted to show her how much she meant. By going 4000+ miles, from the UK just to spend time with her.

It paid off, I got some time to relax being off work, and a little holiday in the States.
                        Plus she totally loved me for it. In many many ways

Comment

He came to me. We didn't specifically decided that way, we didn't even consider we were in a relationship before he suggested he comes to visit. We were quite coy at the time. As I live in a country which is a popular summer destination, he said he'd like to come there 'on holidays'. I offered to help and show him around ;-) We both read between the lines there, it was quite exciting and sweet. We were flirting heavily at the time but still weren't quite open about our feelings, we only really opened up after his trip was booked.

He's not a very forward guy at all, so him packing up and going on his own to a foreign country to meet a girl he's never seen in person was rather out of his character. He admitted later seeing me was his top reason to come over for holidays, to see if the chemistry would work in person as it did online. I knew we'd get together, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be just a summer fling or something more lasting. But then once we met we just felt so amazing with each other neither of us questioned whether we should continue.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I went to him. Not really much of a reason other than I was working/had the money at the time and he didn't.
                            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                            Met online: February 2009
                            Feelings confessed: December 2010
                            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                            to be continued...

Comment

I was already supposed to fly out to California to visit my family for the holidays. So it was a lot easier for me to fly out to him first and then head to SoCal to see my family. My SO and I had been talking for a while but we hadn't made anything official yet. I knew that once I visited we would ( and we did ). So I guess it was convenient for us =). I didn't have to worry about being a girl visiting a boy I had never met in person in a city id never been too though. We were friends for many years CD before this.

Comment

Hard to say... Both I guess??
                                I live in Denmark and my SO is from the US. Both of us went to Sweden to meet for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                                X