No announcement yet.

Feeling so homesick and confused...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too don't think there's much to worry about moving out of home at 17. I was renting in my own name before then (tho I don't know what the declaration of domicile is I don't think we do that here) and although it can be frustrating, if you have strong references or somebody willing to guarantor for you, you'll get on fine. I don't know the laws for your country, but there would almost certainly be options for independent minors.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyama View Post
      I can understand your feelings. Honestly I don't know if I would have been ready to move out and far away for my family at the age of 17. I think you are very bold and I admire that
      A good thing to fight. Homesickness is to get busy and involved in your new life. Do you have a job there or plan to study? You could also join a meet up group for people who are new in the area. It's always nice to know someone who is in the same boat
      When I moved to England for a year I was miserable the first few days but then uni started and I got to know all these amazing people who experienced the same and I was so busy and everything started to be exciting. Sometimes it's a matter of perspective. This doesn't have to be forever so try and not dwell on it and see it as an adventure
      Thank you and yes I do want to go into college here seeing as where I live back in Ohio we don't have the program of study as they do here. Though I have to be 18 to be able to even enter his college so I still have a year wait no matter what!
      sigpic
      We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
      Second Visit-12.17.11
      Closed the distance-06.20.12

Comment

Originally posted by MissVampyxo View Post
        Though I have to be 18 to be able to even enter his college so I still have a year wait no matter what!
        Are you sure about that? I went to college at 17.

Comment

Working...
        X