No announcement yet.

5 Languages of Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a book I'll be looking for Can't wait to see how my SO scores though I bet I could guess pretty easily.

Mine turned out as I expected it to O.o

6 Words of Affirmation
    6 Quality Time
    5 Receiving Gifts
    2 Acts of Service
    11 Physical Touch
    Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
    Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
    Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
    Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
    Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

3 Words of Affirmation
      12 Quality Time
      1 Receiving Gifts
      6 Acts of Service
      8 Physical Touch

No surprise there. Doing things with my boyfriend and making memories is super important to me.

I actually have the book (in Polish, though). The whole religious aspect put me off a little, but it's a good wy to explain that and why different things are important for different people. I think words of affirmation and Help (Acts of Service) are more important to my boyfriend and he sometimes doesn't understand what my problem is when I say that we don't talk enough ("But we talk all day!" "No! Making a shopping list, is not talking!")

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

6 Words of Affirmation
        11 Quality Time
        0 Receiving Gifts
        8 Acts of Service
        5 Physical Touch

I'd say that's pretty accurate

Comment

5 Words of Affirmation
          7 Quality Time
          0 Receiving Gifts
          9 Acts of Service
          9 Physical Touch

My SO happens to sort of suck at giving presents, so I don't much look forward to them What I do love is how he always helps around the house.

Comment

I find it kind of interesting that, of all the people who've posted their results so far, we've pretty much all had Quality Time as a primary, or close secondary, love language. Wonder if that says something about the type of people who are most successful in long-distance relationships?

Comment

I think it's pretty normal to like spending time together?
              Maybe I'm just judging other's by my own standards, but... who wouldn't take spending time together over getting a small present?

I guess if someone put a lot of importance on gifts and words, LDR would be easier for them, because you can do both from a distance. Whereas quality time or physical touch? Not so much.

Comment

8 Words of Affirmation
                10 Quality Time
                1 Receiving Gifts
                3 Acts of Service
                8 Physical Touch

Sounds about right to me. Funny how words and physical touch are tied. In an LDR, you get looong periods of written/verbal communication, with some intense physical touch in between..

@Dziubka: I do think you can get quality time together if you're long distance. I feel happiest when we have time to cam together and just goof around on the internet and having lots of those moments where we're giving each other undivided attention.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGirl View Post

@Dziubka: I do think you can get quality time together if you're long distance. I feel happiest when we have time to cam together and just goof around on the internet and having lots of those moments where we're giving each other undivided attention.
                  I guess I'm just wired differently. Talking on the phone is super important to me, when we're apart, but I need active (in person) quality time, to be happy in my relationship. I'm obviously not cut out for LDR at all. If just simply couldn't do it, if we weren't able to spend in-person quality time together as often as we do.
                  Last edited by Dziubka; July 26, 2012, 06:06 AM.

Comment

9 Words of Affirmation
                    9 Quality Time
                    1 Receiving Gifts
                    3 Acts of Service
                    8 Physical Touch

Pretty accurate =p

Comment

My boyfriend and I actually have the book. If I remember right my primary is words of affirmation.

It really helped us when we were going through a tough patch. Turns out we both sucked at the other's love language, which was about 85% of the problem. Once we understoof that we were sailing smoothly.
                      ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                      The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

5 Words of Affirmation
                        9 Quality Time
                        3 Receiving Gifts
                        3 Acts of Service
                        10 Physical Touch

That's pretty accurate...you don't have to do something or give me something...just hold my hand. :-)
                        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I really want my guy to take this quiz... but not sure of the best way to approach it. Just coming out and asking probably not the best approach for him lol

Any suggestions?
                          Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
                          Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
                          Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
                          Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
                          Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

8 words of affirmation
                            8 quality time
                            5 receiving gifts
                            0 acts of service
                            9 physical touch

Quite accurate, I like it when my SO spends time with me, and tell me of how I am for him and most especially when we're together, from holding hands to kissing or just having his presence is priceless.

Comment

12 Words of Affirmation
                              4 Quality Time
                              7 Receiving Gifts
                              0 Acts of Service
                              7 Physical Touch

I have read the book and love it! It really helped me understand why my SO and I weren't feeling 100% since moving in together. His primary love language is Physical Touch; mine is Words of Affirmation. It helped him to understand why a comment on how pretty I look in a photo or a note about how much he cares for me make me feel so amazing. It also helped me realize that I need to give him more backrubs and hugs because that's how he feels loved. This book has really changed our relationship for the better!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I got:
                                8 words of affirmation
                                9 quality time
                                1 receiving gifts
                                3 acts of service
                                9 physical touch

I think this fits me pretty well. I might have to look for the book now.

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

Working...
                                X