Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swederica View Post
    Congratz to Andy!!

Ohh yeah Finland, our dear neighbours, are crazy about military service. I was joking with my friend that we Swedes should invade Finland and take back what was once ours. But he was very right when he said we would lose big time.
    Oh yes you would!

Originally posted by Swederica View Post
    Anyway to the real point.
    Andy lives in United Kingdom if i'm not completely wrong, or atleast i really do hope he does.
    If that's true then you have the European Union rights to back you up. You have the right to freely move, study and work in any of the EU nations without visa.
    Maybe that's something you can use?
    Also is there any possibility for you to move to him until he's old enough to avoid military service?
    Yes you're right, he does not need a visa to come here BUT he will be treated as a tourist meaning he can't get a social security number which means he can't e.g. have a bank account, he can't rent a car, he can't get a health insurance, he can't get anything without it really and if he studies here he will only be granted non-permanent residency. If he got a job here it would be another story but even Finnish people struggle at getting a job cause of the recession not to mention immigrants!

Unfortunately I can't move to him because I have a 10-year-old daughter and I own a house so it would be very difficult for me in that sense, even though it would be easier language-wise

Comment

Haha since we don't have mandatory military service anymore and barely got an army, have had 200 years of peace and that will happen, it would be a walk in the park for Finland

Hmm that's unfortunately true.
      Are you sure you couldn't sell the house and move?
      I don't really see any other way.
      I saw Andy was pretty young so it could take a while to get him out of military service age.
      Or you could meet half way and both move to Sweden. Here we seem to have no rules at all for who comes in.

Comment

No I won't take my daughter away from her dad and the rest of her family, if it wasn't for her I'd have moved already but she's too young to be torn away into a new country among strange people who don't speak her language, I won't do it to her.

Comment

Ohh right sorry. I did not think that far.

Comment

Working...
          X