Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can you endure without meeting your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, reading posts here make me realize how lucky I am with meeting my SO fairly often! The longest time we've been apart was 4 months, and right now we've been apart for 3 weeks and I already feel like I'm going insane because of the wait! I'll go visit him in December though, only 2,5 months to go We'll see how things sort out, but right now it looks like we might have to go 5 months without seeing each other after my visit, and I'm more than positive we'll be able to do it, even though all the wait will be tough as hell...

Met online: February 2011
    Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

3 years, 9 months, and every moment of it is tearing at my heart. I've been after him to let me come down and visit but he always has an excuse surrounding the foreclosure of his home and lack of money for us both; I finished my BSN degree in May and got my RN in late July, but still have not found work as a registered nurse, meanwhile he's lost most of his business and is on a last-ditch effort to try to get something going again, he does IT and network security. My parents are going on vacation next month down to his area and invited me to come with. I'm going. When I told him about this though, he was less than thrilled and has refused to even talk about it. Even worse, today is our 4 year anniversary and all through nursing school we kept talking of this day being our wedding day, which it obviously is not. Now he's sitting there off headset, with Skype running and... I don't know. I honestly think we've gone too long without seeing each other. He has a friend overseas in a LDR as well, with his friend's SO living two hours from me. Maybe I just need to connect with her again, see how she's doing it. They've been at it 9 years. But, it hurts - every time I try to talk to him about what is bothering me, he just shuts down. I know it's bothering him too, but I can't get him to talk at all now. There are no jobs in his area in either of the fields I studied and am licensed in, and he is refusing to move up to where I am because his family is down there; my family is up here and he knows that I'm leaving them for him. I just can't get him to think... feel... react to us anymore it seems.

I'm usually really strong about this but this week, I haven't been. He started his business at the new location, which is actually great, I'm excited for him and I can understand that he's tired; I've spent the last four years pulling the same hours as him if not longer and Sundays were honestly devoted to sleep. But, he hasn't even acknowledged that it's our anniversary, and when I reminded him that it was to be our wedding today... he just shut down again. I'm just scared that when I'm down there, with my parents, in the same city he lives in, that he'll either be arguing the entire time, not talking the entire time, or will flat out refuse to see me. I don't want to fight with him about being with him, especially as it's something he and I should both be very much looking forward to. I want it to go right, but, those 3 years and 9 months has put too much doubt in me now. I'm sitting here alone, at my parents' house, and crying on our anniversary which was supposed to be our wedding day. Yes, he's in Skype, but muted headsets don't count. At least not to me anymore.

Comment

About 6 months, but as for how long I could endure it? I don't know, as long as I have to, I guess.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
          Its going on two years and we still haven't seen each other.

I hate money :/
          You took the words right out of my mouth. In my case, it has been 14mos.. In a way, I am paying for it, because I was worried about a sick friend last month. She may be ticked at me.

First Visit: September 2016
          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          John 4:12
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

The longest we've gone was 3 months. I believe I'd cope with as long as I need to, provided there was a good reason behind it.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
            X