Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can you endure without meeting your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long can you endure without meeting your SO?

So I just got the news that this time I'll have to endure 6 months of not seeing my SO. We last saw each other in mid July and he'll be here by the first days of JANUARY. Five months and half... and when he comes I'll be at school! :/ how annoying! Plus this time he won't be able to stay at my home... long story.

How much time have you endured without seeing your SO? (from visit to visit, not first meeting). If it is more than these 5 or 6 months, how did you deal with it?

Its going on two years and we still haven't seen each other.

I hate money :/
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

We were suppose to meet in december but it looks like it wont be till july at least. Sucks, but he's worth it.

Comment

the longest I've gone without seeing my SO is a year but unless I can scrape up enough money and soon I probably won't be seeing him again for another 2 years. :/

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

It will be 9 months before I see my GF in late November.

We just take it one day at a time. 6 months is very doable

Comment

I'll let you know, heh. My SO has just gone back to Sydney, and I won't be seeing him til I can get over there in March. So around 6 months.. I think if you just take it a day at a time it should be fine, you'll miss him and some days it will totally suck, but some days will be alright. Just try to keep yourself busy and talk whenever you can, thats what we're doing Good luck x

Comment

The longest we went was 7 months before we had our first visit. The longest between visitS was 5 months. Our fourth will be in October but after that we don't know how long it will be until we can have another visit because he's going to start working soon and I'm going to university next fall. So we might break our record :/.

Comment

Longest we go is 6-7 months. In my opinion, it's more difficult than the spring to summer wait, but it's definitely doable. As hard as it can seem when you look at it in one big chunk, it becomes manageable if you work on keeping busy and making sure you remain independent in the sense you have your own life at home to be involved and immersed in.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

This makes me realise how fortunate i am.. longest time for me was 3 months. I don't think i could do longer, but ofcourse:sweden - holland is not far, and with flight prices starting at 20, Money isn't the issue..just time is.

Comment

Ive now gone 7 and ahalf months since our last visit in december we only saw each other for two weeks.

Ways to cope :

Web cam

Email ( if you cant webcam you can send short videos to him through email )

Gifts - send little things, it could be as simple as a card and you dont need a reason.

Talk daily if you can, that helps a lot even if its just a short amount of time.

Remember why you are with them why you love them and remind yourself of this when it gets hard.
                    " There is always hope.
                    "

Comment

Think the longest I've gone without seeing my love is nine months...

The last time I went over was in February, spent nearly three months together and got married....I've been home for roughly five months and this being apart from Hubby is awful. Just have to keep strong, communicate as much as we can because time does move & we will be together one day....Like many of you on here will be.....

Started Writing - February 2010
                      First Visit - September 2010
                      Second Visit - June 2011
                      Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                      Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                      Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                      NOA1 - July 2012
                      NOA2 - December 2012
                      Fourth Visit - December 2012
                      Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

hell if i could endure the 2 years away from Denise, you can do 6 months. 6 months is nothing it will go by fast, you'll see

Comment

Big Hugs Aurora! no matter how long you have to go, it's always too long...
                          When my SO first moved, it was 11 months before we saw each-other again. i have to admit this was the hardest period we've ever spent apart, but it wasn't only because of the duration of separation, it was mostly because we were new to LD after being CD for 4 years and all that comes with it..

The best thing that helped us through that period was to be clear about our needs and expectations and be understanding of what the other was going through... in along separation period, things can change, you or your SO might need more contact or less contact or a different for of expression.. be attentive to your needs and your SO and of course keep busy. it helps if you can do a long term project, whether alone or together; like writing a journal, making a scrapbook, trying lots of recipes and writing them all down in a notebook for your SO...
                          having a surprise project to work on that was for US but i did alone made it easy for me to spend time alone without missing him too much, having him on my mind without focusing on him not being here...

no matter what, some days are going to be harder than others, but remember that you are not alone
                          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

The longest we did was 7 months. To be honest, it wasn't that long at all and when I look back on it, it's like he never even left.

Comment

We're half way through 6 months right now. last saw each other in june and I'll be visiting him in december. its very difficult but I just try to take it day by day and always be thinking about all of the fun things we get to do when we see each other again.
                              Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Comment

Working...
                              X