Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many long distance "relationships" do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many long distance "relationships" do you have?

Yesterday, as I was out for coffee to say good bye to my best friend who is if moving to Seattle at the end of the week, I said to her to not worry, she would still be my best friend, I am used to long distance relationships after all... and this is is when I realized that most of my relationships are long distance!

My mother lives 6 hour away, my sister (whom I am close to) also lives 6 hours away, my father (who I am not close to) lives 2 hours away, My aunt is moving to Colorado at the end of October to close the distance with her boyfriend (she was my only family in town I saw semi-regularly), my boyfriend lives in Texas...

It seems that more than half my closest relationships, are all long distance! It's kinda depressing!!

Anybody else have this type of situation?
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

I totally didn't mean to post this here!! lol
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Well since I recently moved to CR most of my relationships are LD! All my friends back home, my family, etc. But of course now I have new friends and family here. Always half of my relationships will be LD, can't be in more than one place at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
        I totally didn't mean to post this here!! lol
        Just moved it to the main forum
        Read my LDR story!
        Facebook
        Instagram

Comment

My family is all long distance-I'm in Virginia, my dad's currently working in Canada, my mom's living in California (so they're in a LDR too!!), my sister is in Colorado, my boyfriend & his family (practically my second family) is in Indiana... but since graduating college a number of friends have moved all over the country, so I have friends in probably half of the US. Not too many international friendships, though. (At least, not outside of LFAD! )

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I've had a lot of long distance friendships/relationships but with time a lot of them have faded. I've lived abroad off-and-on for the last 5-ish years (consistently for the last 3). My most important LD relationships are with my mom, my dad, and my brother. Besides that, I maintain pretty close LD relationships with a few friends, my extended family, and my in-laws. And then most of my acquaintance relationships have faded to facebook or the rare phone call only.

Comment

I have a couple close long-distance friendships, one in Canada and one in Idaho. We've been friends for 7-8 years. I have a good friend that I met here, even if we haven't known each other for as long yet. I meet and talk with a lot of people online, though admittedly, most friendships fade out, but there have been a few that have lasted years. If a couple hours counts, I'll be long distance with my family once I start grad school, but I can't say I count a couple hours as long distance.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

I have a couple of relatives and such that are living far away, amongst them my uncle and my cousin + his kids that live in Australia. Even so, we see each other about once a year, even though it's only my uncle and his wife coming around those times, met my cousin for the first time ever last Christmas when we went there! Also have a bunch of friends spread out across the world, including one in England, another one in Thailand, one in Norway... Then a few relatives living a few hours away as well, but that doesn't really count as long distance

Met online: February 2011
                Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Well there is the one that has led me to this site ( XD ), then there are a few friends that I have met online and gotten to know over the years (some I have been friends with 3+ years or so by now), and my sister, whom I see all the time and talk to quite a bit, is moving across the state for a while tonight. So, I have a few. The only ones that actually get to me at times are the one with my so, and the one with my sister will too eventually because I'm used to having her around.
                  "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                  This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                  Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

My brother moved overseas first for his studies, then for a job. It's been 7 years now that he moved away and that's the longest running LDR I'm in.
                    My best friend also lives abroad, we've known each other for just under 5 years and have been long distance all the while.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I'm currently LD with my family and several of my friends.

Comment

I'm LD with my family and a couple friends back home but we do lots to keep in touch. I skype with my parents, grandparents, ,friends occasionally. Write letters to my one friend all the time (more then I ever did with my SO!) and I find even playing draw something is a good way to connect even if there is no talking involved.

Comment

Seeing as how I just moved myself to China alone, ALL of my relationships are LD lol

Comment

The people I consider to be my closest friends at this point in time don't live where I can see them on a regular basis!

Comment

lol I was actually going to make a thread like this myself.

I have my best friend who lives in California ( he husband is in the air force so they move around a lot )
                              then there is my other best friend who lives in Tipp City, ( same state tho but a little ways away )

Then once I move to PA everyone except my boyfriend will be long distance from me.

Ive already decided that after I move and get a job I'll be sending my Sister stuff for her kids ( my nieces are so cute and I want to make sure they know who their aunt Sharon is XD )
                              " There is always hope.
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X