No announcement yet.

Should I just show up? -- Attempt at Reconciliation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was me i would go, of course I'd make backup plans and make sure I have a place to stay and something to occupy my time if he wouldnt want to meet me.
    But, when I'm in love, I do all i can for the person i love.
    Including make efforts and taking action into showing how much he means to me.
    Even if it wouldn't work out at the end, you would have done your best and gave all you could to make it work.
    So you can keep your chin up and say: 'I did all I could to show the man I love how much he means to me'.

Best luck to you, I hope he sees you love him and how much he means to you'

/hugs
    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
      Maybe you contacting him is as painful as it is for you. Even when it's no longer going to work, someone persistently begging you for another chance can get taxing and painful, simply because of the connection you did once have to that person. Maybe it's going to be better to let it go, to not bother him about it any further, and to let what happens happen. :/
      If he would just say I don't love you anymore, I would stop trying. But with his mixed signals of the I loves you and I miss yous when we do talk I don't know what to think. I just want him to be happy and if it's not with me I will gladly step aside and let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by InIt4Love View Post
        If he would just say I don't love you anymore, I would stop trying. But with his mixed signals of the I loves you and I miss yous when we do talk I don't know what to think. I just want him to be happy and if it's not with me I will gladly step aside and let him go.
        I think you need to stop relying on the words of someone who's obviously confused and cut the contact yourself. It would be the most merciful thing for the both of you, and it's quite clear you both need time and space to work on moving on.
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
          I think you need to stop relying on the words of someone who's obviously confused and cut the contact yourself. It would be the most merciful thing for the both of you, and it's quite clear you both need time and space to work on moving on.
          Eclaire is right, this is sound advice.

Since you've got the tickets and a place to stay, go and see what happens though. Be content in the knowledge that either way, after this trip, you'll have your answer.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I understand the need to be apart from someone after they've hurt you, even if you still love them, so maybe that's what he's feeling. I agree that you should fly there and see if he'll meet you (even if he doesn't respond to your e-mails). But as others have mentioned, be sure to have a plan to do other things if he doesn't meet with you. At the very least you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you tried everything possible to make your relationship work. By flying out there, you won't have to wonder "what if?". As Moon said, at the end of your trip, you'll have your answer and know if you can continue your relationship or if you need to move on. Go for it! Best of luck and do keep us posted!
            Last edited by Skye; October 8, 2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X