No announcement yet.

What NOT to do in a marriage/relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was brilliant, thanks so much for sharing!

Comment

Great link. I shared it with my SO and he said we should print the article out and stick it on our fridge as a reminder. I don't even think he was joking.
      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I loved this. I would add "don't go to bed angry", which is pretty cliche but definitely true. Letting negative feelings linger like that make you wake up still upset and that's never a good scene.

Comment

I thought this article was brilliant! I think these pieces of advice are ones for the ages...and I agree with you lucybelle on always laughing and finding humor in situations. That's something I've learned with my SO--the small things turn out not to be so significant once you've laughed about them and had some time and perspective.
          "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

This article was great! I will definitely try and save it, thanks for the link! I think I agree with BellaJedi on this one, not to go to bed angry with each other. It is clichée-ish, but it's true and it's worked for me and my SO so far

Met online: February 2011
            Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Great post! I especially agree with the parts about holding hands and giving each other little kisses and hugs all the time.. I know that for me at least, those little things just makes me feel so much closer to my SO

Comment

those are all very good...i was gonna add don't ever go to bed mad at each other...but number 16 kinda covers that in a way...and the biggest one for me...that ended my first marriage and a relationship after that...is always keep the line of communication open...and talk about everything...just makes things so much easier...

Comment

Working...
                X