No announcement yet.

Hypothetical - Proposing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will never, ever accept a Skype proposal! He needs to do it in person and while holding my hand while saying cheesy stuff about how sweaty my feet is and how loud I fart and about how much he really loves all of that because he loves me.

Okay, enough. I'm being too cheesy

Comment

I definitely would want an in person proposal. I dont really know if I'd like it to be public though. Moments like that are very dear to me and I would love to be able to remember that moment with my future husband one day.

Comment

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
        I'd like it to be in person, with a ring (a simple and inexpensive one would do just fine!), and in a place with a degree of privacy, preferably outdoors... a quiet section of the beach, or on a windy hillside
        Wow this I agree with. + romance + the whole speech thing has to be cheesy and meaningul hahaa
        Last edited by wayoutofhere; April 26, 2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Well accept.. I would accept anything... I would be happy that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me no matter how he chose to ask me. I would be disappointed not to have a super romantic proposal, but in the end it's not what matters, so I would accept any proposal... My SO will never say anything he doesn't mean whole heartedly, and would not throw this type of thing around casually, so even if he proposed on the phone or on Skype, I would know he was 100% serious.

That being said, I would MUCH prefer being proposed to in person... and I'm pretty sure he would prefer doing it that way if he was to propose... I would love to be done thoughtfully and sweetly in a way that has meaning for us...

I can't imagine him ever proposing though.. it takes some measure of planning which he seems incapable to do without my help... So, if we ever get married it will probably be after a conversation about how we should do it for the visa process or something like that...
          First met online: June, 2010
          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Third visit together: August, 2012
          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I am old fashioned and I would like for him to do it in person, down on one knee, actually asking me if I'd marry him. Reality, however, might be something totally different.

Comment

our situation is a little bit crazy in that we had been chatting for a couple of months when one day I was having a particularly bad day (I'd crashed my car) and my so sent me the loveliest email; this was before we were officially together. In a kind of spare of the moment, slightly influenced by alcohol I sent a reply saying something along of the lines of he was so nice that I just wanted to fly to America and marry him. I was part joking at the time but then we both commented how even though that was slightly crazy it seemed strangely right and it's what lead us to become more than friends as neither of us could shake the feeling of it being right. When we finally met, my so said in the middle of snuggling " remember when you asked me to marry you, well I do hope you were serious as it would make me very happy". I don't think I actually replied immediately but just kissed him and he said "no, I mean it would you marry me" to which I replied "of course I will". He then said ah well I suppose I'd better get you a ring and do it properly then!

I won't accept we are officially engaged until hes proposed properly with a ring.... and my divorce has come through!

Comment

In person, hands down. We've talked about proposals and engagements and being married for over a year now. No way on God's green earth would I consider that a proper proposal.

I can't wait.
                "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Working...
                X