No announcement yet.

Is your SO also your best friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He absolutely is my best friend . Especially since I want to be with him in the long term, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Comment

He's definitely my best friend for everything. I think you can have best friends for different parts of your life though, like I have a best friend who I connect with on a mental level (we think the same way about many things) but don't really connect life style wise where as a have another best friend who is my go to whenever I want to go out and have fun. My SO fulfills every one of those areas of my life though.

Comment

Yes he is. We actually gradually became really good friends before we confessed we liked each other a lot. I'm so glad to call him my best friend in life and the most wonderful boyfriend ever. <3

Comment

He is, yeah. I hide so many things from so many people, and he's the only person who knows everything.
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Like others have said i think it comes with the relationship... but only if its a good,healthy one.
            My ex wasnt impossible to talk to, so i never really called him my best friend. My SO is my best friend and has been for a long time. I know he'll listen to me,guide me and be honest with me. He wont judge me or make fun, support me till the very end and i do the same for him and thats how it should be.
            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I can say without a doubt that my SO is also my best friend. I can talk to him about pretty much anything, and confide in him the most. I ask for his advice and opinions on certain things, and value them greatly. I know that he is a very truthful person, and not afraid to tell me the truth, even if it does hurt, which I value in him. Before we considered become bf/Gf, we were pretty much friends, then it blossomed into something more. Now I am married to this wonderful man.

Comment

Most definitely she is my best friend. She is the one person I can be open and honest about anything and everything. Without judgement. And I know that she will be 100% honest with me. I've never had a friend like her.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                Married April 18th, 2015!!
                Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

He was my best friend for years before we started dating. We've known each other for 8 years now, but because of the distance and personal choices we never pursued anything further until recently. The chemistry between us kept us attached to each other though and because of that we developed an extremely close friendship really early on. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

Yes

Comment

For sure! Becoming a couple just progressed from that

Comment

Of course! Anthony has been my best friend for 14 years now. We've been dating almost 3 years, so we were friends first. He's always been there for me, from elementary school all the way to now. Being in love with your best friend is by far the best kind of love. I am so blessed to have him. I can confide in him with anything and everything and I always have been able to. I love him so much and I always have since I was a little girl. This is my dream come true to be with my best friend and I know that one day we will get our happy ending and will get married.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Yes.

He has been my best friend since I was 16, supported me through my ex relationships and he talked to be about his. I had close friends IRL but he was always my best friend, even through those periods when we got busy and didn't talk as much I still always thought of him as my best friend.. and then we were both single at the same time and BAM. He visited me and the rest is history but he is still and always will be my best friend.
                          Met Online: February 2009
                          Feelings grew: January 2011
                          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Oh absolutely. We've only been together for 10 months but I talk to him about everything and we spend every waking (and unconscious) moment we can together. I knew when I met him and as we got to know each other more that he was my missing half. I couldn't imagine having never met him, we have so much in common and enjoy doing so many of the same things. Even if we would have never dated, I could see myself being bffs with him. And I am just lucky enough to have it both ways.
                            "You want for myself
                            You get me like no one else
                            I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                            Even in the darkest part of me
                            I am beautiful with you
                            Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                            You're here with me
                            Just show me this and I'll believe
                            I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

Yep,I can honestly say this man is definitely my best friend. He listens to me,he respects me,guides me,gives me advice,looks out for me, & believes in me even more so then I do in myself at times. He's always been my biggest fan. I can tell him anything and he doesn't judge me. When I'm down he tries to find anything he can to bring me back up again. We've had our moments where we've fought and not spoken for a bit a couple of times,but there's so much more good to our relationship that just outweighs all of that. I can honestly say he's the only human being I've been with in my life that just completes me. He's both my best friend and my lover. I've never honestly had both in one person before I met him. I wouldn't change it for the world.
                              Last edited by LadyDaemon; April 17, 2013, 02:09 PM. Reason: Oops double posting xD My memory sucks.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                              Back Together: August 1,2012
                              First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                              Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                              Engaged: January 17,2013
                              Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                              Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                              We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                              SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                              Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I wouldn't be marrying him if he wasn't.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                                Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                                Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X