Missed Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed Birthday

I did a search prior to posting this. To see if it ever has occurred to anyone else.

Yesterday(5/17/2013) was my birthday. I received birthday wishes from my parents, younger brother n' sister-in-law. But I did not receive anything from my SO.

Has anyone else experienced this, in an LDR?

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Did you hear from him/her at all? Could an emergency have come up if not?
    ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejay Belle View Post
      Did you hear from him/her at all? Could an emergency have come up if not?
      While I hope she is not hurt(I am male in case you were confused by my screenname), I hope it was a non-medical emergency.

For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
        While I hope she is not hurt(I am male in case you were confused by my screenname), I hope it was a non-medical emergency.
        Did you hear from her at all that day? Have you heard from her since? Give her a call.

Comment

Maybe she forgot?

Also, and this is just being picky.... isn't today the 17th of May?

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
            Maybe she forgot?

I thought the exact same thing about the date. Maybe.... the SO is in a time zone ahead? I dunno. But it would seem that she hasnt missed it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
              I thought the exact same thing about the date. Maybe.... the SO is in a time zone ahead? I dunno. But it would seem that she hasnt missed it yet.
              According to the ticker Chris516 is in Maryland, which means it's 7:43am on 5/17. His SO is in New Mexico, which is 2 hours behind, so... it's 5:43 there. She might not even be awake yet.

ETA: Like I said in my first post, I know it's just being picky.

Comment

According to the ticker Chris516 is in Maryland, which means it's 7:43am on 5/17. His SO is in New Mexico, which is 2 hours behind, so... it's 5:43 there. She might not even be awake yet.

ETA: Like I said in my first post, I know it's just being picky.
                I'll wish the OP a Happy Birthday:

So I just wanted to warn you that you should:

And it's because:

So I just wanted to say

So you didn't feel like

Anyways...,

Comment

Digitalfever - that was the best!

Happy birthday Chris

Give your SO a call - it isn't nice to 'test' people on remembering your birthday.. I count down my birthday to my SO leading up to it, saying things like "it's my birthday next week" "it's my birthday tomorrow!!" so even though he knows the date of my birthday he would be hard pressed to ignore all my excitement about it and forget
                  Met Online: February 2009
                  Feelings grew: January 2011
                  First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                  Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                  Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                  Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                  Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                  Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                  Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                  Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                  Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                  Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                  Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                  Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                  Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                  Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
                    Give your SO a call - it isn't nice to 'test' people on remembering your birthday.. I count down my birthday to my SO leading up to it, saying things like "it's my birthday next week" "it's my birthday tomorrow!!" so even though he knows the date of my birthday he would be hard pressed to ignore all my excitement about it and forget
                    This. I know that I am horrible with dates and I have even forgotten my own mother's birthday before. So I don't get offended when people forget mine. Just so I'm sure he won't forget, I do the same thing as Jazi- countdown to my birthday a week or so before so that I'm sure he remembers!

Anyway, Happy birthday!!

Comment

I concur with Jazi. I will often bring it up suggestions for birthday gifts I'd like starting about... a month (or two) before my birthday.

Comment

My SO cannot for the life of him remember my age. My birthday was this Monday and he bought the wrong numbers for my candles!

I think he innocently forgot. Tell him! Some people are bad at remembering dates.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                          Did you hear from her at all that day? Have you heard from her since? Give her a call.
                          I didn't hear from here at all yesterday. I did give her a call.

Actually using a cell phone I bought several years. I haven't been able use it, because Verizon is on the CDMA network, and the phone works on GSM. So I finally switched to T-Mobile. We had both been wanting me to use that cell phone, because of the very low SAR(Specific Absorption Rate) rating.(I know, a lot of people think the cell phone radiation is just a lot of hot air about nothing)

Comment

Maybe she forgot?

Yes, Today is May 17th. Maybe I am being picky. At the same time, there have been periods where, I haven't heard from her for as much as two weeks. I did hear from her on Monday(5/13/2013) about something totally unrelated.

Comment

Wait, its only 8am on your birthday and you're bitching about her not calling you? Dude, chill pill o___0
                              Made it official: 12-01-10
                              First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                              Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Working...
                              X