Missed Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
    Correct on location, and time zone difference. Being picky, that is debatable. I am not so sure I am not. But I am not convinced I am, either. Because, I would think in an LDR, that remembering an SO's birthday is really important.
    I would also think communication in a LDR is really important and there are times you go 2 weeks without hearing from her... How long have you two been together? How often do you see each other?

Birthday's are't that important to my SO and I, but it's important that we acknowledge it. We both also make the efforts to fly to each other and spend our birthdays together.

Comment

A nice idea so that it doesn't repeat ^_^

Comment

I forget birthdays a lot... And the problem is not because I forget what date someone's birthday is on.. I just rarely know what date it is on any given day... lol
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy View Post
          I would also think communication in a LDR is really important and there are times you go 2 weeks without hearing from her... How long have you two been together? How often do you see each other?
          We have been together almost six years. We have been seeing each other yearly, except for 2012(long story).
          Originally posted by Peachy View Post
          Birthday's aren't that important to my SO and I, but it's important that we acknowledge it. We both also make the efforts to fly to each other and spend our birthdays together.
          I would love to spend our birthdays together.

First Visit: September 2016
          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          John 4:12
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

We have been together almost six years. We have been seeing each other yearly, except for 2012(long story).

I would love to spend our birthdays together.
            As I said, we could not be together for mine and he forgot it and it sucked.....but I am again going back in time for his next month. I am not going to hold that against him and not going to go all out again for him or it would feel petty. This is the person I adore and want to spend the rest of my life with...........who cares that much about one darn day? There are always more birthdays and someday they will all be together.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
              As I said, we could not be together for mine and he forgot it and it sucked.....but I am again going back in time for his next month. I am not going to hold that against him and not going to go all out again for him or it would feel petty. This is the person I adore and want to spend the rest of my life with...........who cares that much about one darn day? There are always more birthdays and someday they will all be together.
              I am not holding it against her i.e. angry at her. I love her regardless. That has never changed, and this won't make my feelings for her change. I was just raised that the birthdays' of those closest to you(biological, legal, both, or otherwise) were important to remember.

For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I am not holding it against her i.e. angry at her. I love her regardless. That has never changed, and this won't make my feelings for her change. I was just raised that the birthdays' of those closest to you(biological, legal, both, or otherwise) were important to remember.
                I get that, did you read what happened on mine? I am just saying that we have to move past it. I did take a few mili-seconds and think about blowing off his birthday this year but yeah I moved past it. He gets that it should have been important and the mere fact of my pain he caused me was "lesson enough". He was very upset for days afterwards.
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                  I get that, did you read what happened on mine? I am just saying that we have to move past it. I did take a few mili-seconds and think about blowing off his birthday this year but yeah I moved past it. He gets that it should have been important and the mere fact of my pain he caused me was "lesson enough". He was very upset for days afterwards.
                  If she is upset about my birthday(instead of having a migraine, which is still a very real possibility since I don't know), I am sure she would be upset with herself, not me. She is not the vindictive type.

Comment

Working...
                  X