Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many serious relationships did you have before your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many serious relationships did you have before your SO?

Just wondering how many serious relationships (and if LDR or normal) did you have before you met your current partner?
    I am 19 and my SO is my third serious relationship. With my first boyfriend it was normal relationship and we were together for two years, then we broke up and I was in LDR with my next partner. It only lasted 5 months, but for me it was serious relationship - I wanted to live with him, marry him, have kids with him... But he left me.
    My SO had 8 serious relationships before me and all of them were for more than a year (he is 30). I'm his first LDR, so at first it was kinda hard for him to get used to the daily routine of LDRs, but I think we're good now.
    What about you? Share your experience with previous relationships

Me personally I have had a few boyfriends some of which I do keep in contact with because we didn’t end on bad terms, it was just a few months of us being together and we wasn’t made for one another! But I have had 2 serious relationships before my SO.

16-19 I was with a guy called Dan! I moved in with him and his family and his parents treated me like a daughter! 2 years into the relationship I realised I didn’t love him anymore but it was so incredibly hard to break up with someone who though the world of me. But I did.

6 months later I bumped into a guy who I used to have the hots for when I was 9!!! And I still had the hots for him when I bumped into him. He was the type of guy you knew every girl in your school fancied and you’d never had the chance with! Well I did we was together for a year... before he decided to start sleeping with my mate behind my back LOL.

After them 2 serious relationships I gave myself 10-11 months of just being me! Learning to make myself happy instead of having to put all my time and effort into making someone else happy and forgetting about me! Theeeeeen once again as he had done for 5 years, My SO saw an opportunity with me being single again and he went for it! This time... he got me! And I couldn’t be happier. Im not sure of how many serious relationships my SO has had apart from the girl he was married too.

Comment

I had 2 before my current boyfriend.
      Come to think of it they were all LD..
      My first one was with 14 dating an 18 year old (from germany) - lasted for half a year.
      The second one started when I was 18 and we broke up when I turned 22 (with another german guy). So it was a pretty long relationship, however things were bad throughout these 4 years (which I didn't want to see) and 7 months after we closed the distance I found myself unhappy with the relationship and we broke up.

This one is my third relationship aswell as my boyfriend's third

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

One serious one from when I was 18 to 19. Little over a year. Met my SO at 21/22. He had none before me. He lived a swinging bachelor life!

Comment

Neither of us had a serious relationship beforehand. I had dated someone seriously shortly before I met my SO, I was quite smitten and he was a lovely guy, but the timing was wrong as I'd just moved to Ireland and he was about to move back to the US from Ireland. We both didn't want to do "the long distance thing" haha. I think it would've had an expiry date anyways, because he was a proud American and wanted to settle in Philadelphia, whereas I'm Canadian and could never live in the USA.

My SO had only really been on one or two dates before me, and was a player before I met him, haha.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Two.
            My first relationship was fom 17 - 19. We were semi long distance, saw each other every weekend and on holidays. I broke up, because I moved abroad and wanted to experience something now. He was a genuinely nice guy, though.

Then I was single for a year with one not-so-serious 3 months relationship.

Then I met my last ex. We were long distance for threeish months in the beginning, and broke up when I was 21, after about a year and a half, because it just wasn't working anymore. His family also hated me (like seriously passionately. His parents would constantly comment on how ugly I was and ask him whether he had met someone).
            Around the time of our break up I met my current boyfriend.

*edit: My boyfriend had I think two not so serious girlfriends before me. He was waiting for the awesomeness that is me.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

My SO is my first and only relationship i've had from 16 on. I'll be 21 in less than a week, and it's very serious lol 4 years, engaged and a baby on the way Its good I feel lucky I found him and didn't have to get my heart broken a few times before.
              He's dated before me, and he says im his most serious (lol which I am) I would say he's had 1 other really serious relationship before me tho.
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

1. I was married for almost 6 years, together for almost 9.

My SO had one as well. He was married to someone he was with for 12 years.

Met online: 1/30/11
                Met in person: 5/30/12
                Second visit: 9/12/12
                Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

We were both's first serious relationship <3 (and only one, hopefully ^_^)

Comment

Hmm...I've been dating since I was 16. I'd say I've had three serious relationships before my SO. Two of those were long distance as well.

Comment

>u< He's my first boyfriend and serious relationship <3
                      But he had two previous girlfriends though (which kinda pisses me off -_- but oh well. He says I'm the only girl he's ever truly loved so mwhaha ;3)

Comment

I had a couple boyfriends and one very serious relationship that was long distance. He has had more relationships than I have, but again only one super serious girlfriend before "us." His have all been close-distance.
                        ~~~

Comment

Me myself I have had no serious relationships. not even been together with a girl..
                          my SO is my first relationship ever (and hopefully the only relationship) .

on the other hand, my SO has had one serious one (which ended due to unforgivable nightmares with him) and then just a rebound one (only together for about 3 months) . Then she met me C': .

Comment

Two, The first one was thirteen years, from when we started dating, to when I divorced her. The second was four years.

First Visit: September 2016
                            Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                            Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                            For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                            John 4:12
                            I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

One other before my SO, so grand total of 2.

We were together for 10 years, married for 2 and had 2 children. We got together when i was 17 and split just before i turned 28.
                              As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Working...
                              X