Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Often Do You Get To See Your SO ?

I get to see him every 2-3 months i would say,
    Its really unpredictable since we both have school in the way , but i hope i get to see him before the summer ends.
    Lately I wish i could see him much more often, because well its never the same online . Like when you type "xoxo" its never the same as the real thing !
    But I know some couples dont get to see eachother for long periods of time while others get to see eacother every week or so. Either way, its hard not being with the one you love , as we all know
    So how often do you get to see your loved one ?

Since I am in school full time and my boyfriend works, we get to see each other every 3-4 months. I think that we are really lucky because some couples only get to see each other once a year.

Comment

It varies. During the school year, we don't get to see each other at all because it's hard to tell what our schedules will be like early enough to get cheap plane tickets. Another problem is that it's always around $500 a trip, and that's a bit steep for just a weekend

We've been lucky enough to have several longer trips this summer though. ^^

Comment

Once or twice a year. Not nearly enough.

Comment

About once a month or every two months. Only twice we'd have to wait like three months. 14% unemployment where you live and disability allows for a lot of travel time XP. Funds is another story...thank God I don't mind living like a hobo for a week at a time every month :'D.

Comment

we haven't met in person yet... but we are planning to meet each other in person at the end of this year around the time of our 1 year 1 month anniversary. We are hoping that after that we will be able to see each other once a year in person until we get enough money and close the distance.
            One huge factor is the cost of the flight! It costs 1100-2100 CAD 3300-6300 RM. This is consider the cost for flight there and return.

I can't really complain since, well... our distance and currency difference are both factors. But gosh I miss her soo much! If I had a choice of closing the distance by living like a student (less than $100 a week) or waiting 3 years and moving together when we are married. I would personally opt for the first one. So finances may be tight, we can do it!
            Last edited by archangel; August 10, 2010, 09:36 PM.
            "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
            "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
            "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

haha, perhaps every 6 months or so.

Comment

We've known each other over two years, been going out for a year next month, and we've met once. I'm guessing we'll get to see each other once every 6-12 months.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I've yet to meet mine and I have no idea when we will meet. A couple months back he agreed I could spend my birthday, which is in January, with him but right now we're not sure what will happen come January as he's trying to find another job since his current one's the job from Hell and there's a possibility, however little, that January might end up being spent getting him a job and place to live in my state instead if he can't find anything where he is. It's kinda weird not having any set dates or anything for visits when so many here plan even a year ahead for the visits and moving, but I suppose that goes to show life's not exactly stable for everyone.

Comment

We waited 8 months for our first meeting, then had another visit 4 months later, and then decided that was enough and went for the fiance visa. 5 months later he came back a third time, to stay, and we got married. Had we not done the visa and gotten married, our visits would have been one to two times a year, max. Just way too expensive.

Comment

We've been dating for 8 months, and I'm visiting her for the first time in October. We live in different countries, so we're probably going to be visiting once or twice a year until we can close that distance for good.

Comment

Once a year...

Comment

We have been very lucky that in almost 2 years we have been back and forth 6 times ( 3 times each) I know we are lucky because not a lot of people can afford or work out to visit that much. And we are going to be together again and forever hopefully in October if the visa goes as planned!!!

Comment

every month...sometimes 6-8 weeks just depending on money and work schedules. i know im really lucky to see him so often, after reading everyones posts but i dont have a date as to when we will live in the same city again. in a way id rather have a set date to be back together than see him as often as i do...but everyones situation is different ...

Comment

Originally posted by machstx View Post
                              every month...sometimes 6-8 weeks just depending on money and work schedules. i know im really lucky to see him so often, after reading everyones posts but i dont have a date as to when we will live in the same city again. in a way id rather have a set date to be back together than see him as often as i do...but everyones situation is different ...
                              I'm in exactly the same situation, and I completely agree with you

Comment

Working...
                              X