No announcement yet.

How Often Do You Get To See Your SO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO is leaving Tuesday, she lives about 5 miles away but due to my full time job, her full time schooland ultra strict parents we usually see each other weekly and now that she's leaving and I've read everyone said once a year, etc. I really regret spending some of those nights with her fighting. Now that we're LD We're hoping to see each other once a month (only 4 hour distance) but transportation (when you don't drive) and they're working and in school full time is hard but I've committed to figuring it out.
    Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
    Starting Dating: 5.22.09
    Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
    Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
    Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

I haven't been able to see him since he moved but hopefully he can come down Labor Day weekend (if my parents say yes), and for Christmas too.

Comment

It'll have been 8 months before I see him again. He left in April and I won't see him until the holidays, so April to December. But after that we will be temporarily closing the distance because I will be going to Shanghai to study international business and he will only be an hour train ride away, still "long distance" but not nearly as "long" and we'll finally be in the same time zone, so no worrying about the 12 hour time difference

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

It looks like it's gonna be about once every 2-3 months for me. Depends on my school and work and her school and things like that.

Comment

Everyday with the phenomenon of webcam :O

RL: Every few months, although not for over a year now

Comment

Originally posted by ana0mia View Post
              Everyday with the phenomenon of webcam :O
              You're lucky! My SO can't do webcam because it would take her over the broadband limit way too fast.

Comment

We have only met in-person twice, so it's hard to get an average. So far, though, the pattern and the predicted pattern is once every four months. We were both at university before, but now I have graduated and need to find work and he has one (hopefully) really stressful term of university left. I think the differences in our situations come the fall may feel a little weird for us and I am looking forward to when he graduates. That said, we both love being students, so I think the thought of graduating and looking for work (and even having more serious talks about getting closer to each other, geographically) scares him quite a bit, so I don't know if, after December, I have more four month gaps to look forward to or will be planning visits that will be way less far apart (right now, him moving to Seattle seems the most plausible option).

Here are some happy wishes for everyone to get to meet their SOs for the first time and/ or to see them more often! (wow, I really like how randomly awesome these smilies are!)

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
                  I'm in exactly the same situation, and I completely agree with you
                  im glad im not alone...i hear all these people saying they only se there SO once ayear yadda yadda but they are counting off the days/months they will live near eachother and it makes me sad.

Comment

Looking like it's going to be once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by machstx View Post
                      im glad im not alone...i hear all these people saying they only se there SO once ayear yadda yadda but they are counting off the days/months they will live near eachother and it makes me sad.
                      I'm might be able to say that I can move to Japan in 2014, to be with my SO... but...
                      If my boyfriend keeps the same kind of job... Then we will still be in a LDR until he retires...
                      Since he works on a ship, currently he works for 5 weeks and then have 5 weeks off. Which I can deal with, because then we have 5 weeks together. (which is a lot compared to normal workers in Japan, who works around 12 hours a day, Monday to Saturday)
                      But his schedule can change. His brother is in the same line of work, he works 3-4 months and have 1 month off. (he is married) It could be even worse. 10 months work, 2 months off, but, then he has promised me to find another job.

So even when I go to study in Japan for a year in 2012, we won't get to see each other more often anyway... only thing is that then he can save money on flight tickets.

Bottom-line: I'm maybe stuck in a LDR for the most of my life. No matter where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by machstx View Post
                        Well, I'm not counting those days off. I only get to see my SO once or twice a year - for a holiday. We won't be living near to each other or together for probably 2 or 4 more years.

Comment

I might get to see him every other year...or every two years. Its not very easy at all.

Comment

we get to see each other once a year.... its not much, but we try to make the best of it... it costs soooo much to visit! between 3 and 5 K !
                            i hope we'll end the distance in about 4 years, if not sooner...
                            Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                            And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                            ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

It'll be 8 months before I see him since the last time. Then probably like 5 months, hopefully that's the end of it though!

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

we will met in person for the first time in 2 months. on our one year anniversary, admittidly it has been a long time from the start of our relationship to meeting in person for the first time, but after we meet in october, one of us will fly out for christmas in december, then whoever didnt fly out at christmas will fly out in february or april half term, and then hes coming here for good in july 2011 so we will never be apart for longer than 6 months after october which is good

Comment

Working...
                                X