No announcement yet.

How Often Do You Get To See Your SO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see my hun every 2-3 month sometimes also only in 5 month depending on the work and school schedules. Usually we see us longer (2 weeks) in summer and at christmas but only 5 days to 1 week in between. For me it is kinda perfect, because i know when we live together (like in 1 - 1 1/2 years) and i see him pretty often compared to some people in here.

Comment

Every 1-3 months :> Looks like 2 months is how long we usually have to wait to see each other again. The waiting sucks so much but I know we're lucky to be able to see each other that often. With Ryanair the flights don't cost much at all so that makes all this way easier.

Comment

I feel bad saying this cause everyone else has such a hard time but... We see each other constantly for 8 1/2 months out the the year because we go to the same Uni. Then it's 3 1/2 straight months of not seeing each other at all. Even though I'm so lucky to be with her some much, it's a bit like a double edged sword because we then go from always together right into never together. In a year or two we may become a "regular" LDR couple though.

Comment

Once a year, even though last year I didn't get to see him at all. But once he gets a job we should be doing visits maybe 1-2 times a year.

Comment

I am so much more appreciative of my petty waiting time [ 2-3 months ] when i read " Only once or twice a year ".
            But Grrr it always ends up feeling like forever when I'm waiting :/
            Does anybody ever get a sad feeling when they are with their SO ?
            Because well i know, I think in my head " Well Im Here ... But Its All Going To Be Over In A Couple Hours .. "
            Its like you're there , but you just wish you could freeze time because you know it'll be a while before you get to that moment again.
            Make sense?

Comment

My boy has just booked flights to visit me in the New Year- I already have a count down- 137 days to go as of today, then hopefully, if my professors are nice I can go see him at Easter time, but if not, won't be another 6 months till we can be together =( the thought kills me =(

and @MiaMia- I just left my SO 3 days ago- I was trying to be happy all week, to have a week to remember, but in the back of my head I was always "this time next week, I'll be nearly 4000 miles away and I won't get to hold your hand for a second, let alone sit for hours on end for a cuddle". it's hard to try stay positive when there's a sense of impending dread in your heart =(
              Last edited by nicole; August 11, 2010, 12:57 PM.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

We see each other 1-2 times a year. Not as often as i would like but to be honest i am not complaining. I cherish whatever time i can have with her.

Comment

wow. I now am beginning to realize how lucky I am reading all your "once a year"s and "twice a year"s.
                  we just seen eachother for the second time. we're planning on seeing eachother once a month until we can close the distance. we ride a greyhound four hours one way to the other's. I went to his house once, and he came to mine twice (when we seen eachother this second time, he came back with me on the bus home so we could go see Jeff Dunham at a fair by here) in September I'm going there and in October he's gonna come here (if all goes as planned) and we'll alternate each month (again, as long as all goes to plan)

it gets expensive. the round trip bus ticket is over $100 plus spending money. it's rough when neither of us have jobs.

Comment

so far its been once a year, we'll be lucky if we get to see each other for a second time this year =D but we've both finish our last year of school so it might be easier now

Comment

We see each other usually once a month....this last time was 5 weeks and it felt like forever...I admire those that have to go longer...I am thankful we can see each other so often...
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

We haven't met yet. We have a plan to meet sometime next year when i get a vacation from Culinary school. Its extremely expensive to visit her, so i would probably be around the "Once a year" club. Even then, its so expensive that i can only stay there for a week or less. 4 days minimum. 4 days of being with my SO each year. Its not easy.

Comment

Like some others has said... after reading some only see their loved one, once or twice a year, suddenly my long distance relationship seems more doable.

My Japanese boyfriend, works on a ship for 5 weeks and then he has 5 weeks vacation.
                          Meaning he's around 6 weeks in Japan and then 4 weeks with me.
                          Unfortunately sometimes it can be different because of training and other things.
                          This time we will be apart for 15 weeks - hope that's the longest. (at least for some time)
                          He offered to pay for my ticket to Japan to visit him in September, but can't go because of university.

Though his company haven't promised that the 5 week rule will last.
                          They can change it out of nowhere in the future - which I fear. (for an example: 6 months work - 2 months vacation)

Comment

Originally posted by MiaMia View Post
                            Does anybody ever get a sad feeling when they are with their SO ?
                            Because well i know, I think in my head " Well Im Here ... But Its All Going To Be Over In A Couple Hours .. "
                            Its like you're there , but you just wish you could freeze time because you know it'll be a while before you get to that moment again.
                            Make sense?
                            We had that a lot. I was super happy of course and enjoyed my time with my SO, but I was always thinking about that I have to leave again and maybe wait another year until I can finally see her again. It's a horrible feeling.

Comment

I've only met my bf twice so far and we've been together 1yr and 8 mths. So that averages once every 10 mths. It sucks but due to parental restrictions (on my part) and lack of money (on both our parts), we cant meet as much as we'd like.

Comment

As of right now? Never. I've never met my boyfriend and although I wanted to see him before our one year anniversary, I don't think it's going to happen. His circumstances just don't allow for us to be together right now so I don't know how long it'll be before we are allowed a more stable visiting plan. Even so, I'm still crossing my fingers to be with him before the 2010 year is up. If we can make that happen, I think I'll be okay in having to wait a long time to see him again.

Comment

Working...
                                X