No announcement yet.

Strongly Discouraged From Continuing LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's absolute horseshit to say that LDR don't work for crying out loud a ton of CDR don't work too!! The distance doesn't make things easy but that's not everything, it's the love, the connection and the willingness to do anything for each other, personally I think an LDR is better than a CDR, that way you REALLY get to know your SO becuase all you can really do it talk, and it teaches us every second together is precious, and in the end, if it's all right and worth it, we end up living with the love of our life. Don't listen to that bollocks, if your in love, end of story.

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
    2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
    3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
    4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
    5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
    6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
    7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
    Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
    UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I had been so badly damaged in my marriage and divorce, that a CDR probably wouldn't have worked for me due to a total mistrust of others. However, with the months of daily communication, free flowing messages, and 5 visits in a year, I was able to get over the trust issues and be able to open my heart. Sure we have bumps now, and we will have bumps when we close the distance, but I'd be alone without him and he's found my passion and my heart which had been closed for 13 years. It truly is worth it and we will be together.

Comment

Sweetie, if this forum proves anything, it's the LDRs DO and CAN work. There are so many members, including myself that are living proof that if you put enough love and devotion into it, anything is possible.

My SO and I were long distance almost 2.5 years and we now live together in our own apartment, and are planning on getting married. There are members here like Lucybelle and Karrington, who have married their loves! There are even ladies on here like Garnet and Zephii that had babies. It's possible. We are all proof it is. Ignore the naysayers. You are strong. You can do this!
        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Again, thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. Makes me very hopeful once again and I'm very optimistic! Also...

Originally posted by MattDavies86 View Post
          That's absolute horseshit to say that LDR don't work for crying out loud a ton of CDR don't work too!! The distance doesn't make things easy but that's not everything, it's the love, the connection and the willingness to do anything for each other, personally I think an LDR is better than a CDR, that way you REALLY get to know your SO becuase all you can really do it talk, and it teaches us every second together is precious, and in the end, if it's all right and worth it, we end up living with the love of our life. Don't listen to that bollocks, if your in love, end of story.
          I TOTALLY agree.

Comment

Working...
          X