I never met my SO yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freebird View Post
    I've known mine for over four years. Well, we've been friends for that long. We've only taken our friendship to the next level recently. We are trying to text and/or talk daily, try to Skype weekly (with work and the time difference it's difficult). But no, I've not met him in person yet. When I think about it, I get very excited!

Good luck to you! Always positive.
    That's good for you that you already know your SO for a long time.
    Yeah, I know it's hard to adjust with the time difference.
    Here in Philippines we are 7 hours advanced to UK.
    Plus my work has different shift schedule.
    But I always make time to talk to him everyday and remind him that I always think of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fudgee View Post
      OMG! :O
      SO happy for you to meet him this October! hehe
      And you're welcome, I'm glad to help you out.
      Maybe we should get together sometime, since we are near each other anyway.
      It's just so hard to share my experiences to some friends who doesn't know how it feels like.
      OMG Yes we should! I just noticed that we're just about the same age! I'm turning 22 on October. PM me whenever you want to, I'll be glad to be of help to your LDR

Comment

Originally posted by chizatlauren View Post
        OMG Yes we should! I just noticed that we're just about the same age! I'm turning 22 on October. PM me whenever you want to, I'll be glad to be of help to your LDR
        I'm turning 23 this october! hihi
        I'm PM you then.
        Thanks btw!

Comment

I've known my ldb for 10 years this coming fall and we talked over MSN, Skype, AIM, Facebook, text etcetcetcccc for 8 years before finally meeting. The longer the wait, the more you appreciate the time together!
          [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
          became official: 28.03.11
          first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
          second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
          our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
          third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
          fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
          surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
          viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
          jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
          my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
            I've known my ldb for 10 years this coming fall and we talked over MSN, Skype, AIM, Facebook, text etcetcetcccc for 8 years before finally meeting. The longer the wait, the more you appreciate the time together!
            WOw! 8 years? :O
            That's awesome! I'm sure you guys are meant to be be together

Comment

My SO and I went 7 years as best friends before we met and pursued anything further. Anything is possible these days!

Comment

Originally posted by dizzyupthemeg View Post
                My SO and I went 7 years as best friends before we met and pursued anything further. Anything is possible these days!
                So you were bes tfriends? like Long distance best friends?

Comment

Basically. Timing was never on our side, and we spent a lot of time both denying that we actually wanted a relationship. So we spent 7 years flirting, just being there for each other, and trying to figure things out. We both dated other people (I even ended up married for a really short time. Ugh), but in the end, we always ended up running back to each other. One day we just decided to stop being stupid about it and give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzyupthemeg View Post
                    Basically. Timing was never on our side, and we spent a lot of time both denying that we actually wanted a relationship. So we spent 7 years flirting, just being there for each other, and trying to figure things out. We both dated other people (I even ended up married for a really short time. Ugh), but in the end, we always ended up running back to each other. One day we just decided to stop being stupid about it and give it a shot.
                    Ohhh! That's wonderful.
                    You know by yourselves that you do love each that much

Comment

It's only been 3 months but we're making plans for this fall, when I'm in his area on business anyways.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Me! Me! I haven't met my SO yet either and it's almost been a year now (yay anniversary is on August 8 <3)
                        We are trying to make plans to see each other but with both of us with no money and mothers that disapprove it's going to be so difficult ugh
                        Hopefully it works out someday though... ;I

Comment

Don't worry one day you both will..
                          That's what love do, no matter what and against all odds..
                          It will find its way..

Comment

Originally posted by Fudgee View Post
                            Don't worry one day you both will..
                            That's what love do, no matter what and against all odds..
                            It will find its way..
                            LOL I would hope so xD After all the shit we've been through I'd say our love is strong as heck >u<

Comment

My bf and I became a couple in November 2011 and didn't meet until February 2012, I agree with what others have said - it is definately worth the wait
                              ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Indeed it will be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X