Jealous of what others have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealous of what others have?

Ok, so last night I was hanging out with some of my friends, there were 7 of us, and everyone else was in a relationship. It really hit me last night how jealous I was of them and how they were able to be with each other. At one point last night I seriously just wanted to go the the Pittsburgh airport and get on a plane and just fly to China.

So does this bother anyone else? Have you been around others and just really got that jealousy feeling that they were able to spend time with their SO while you have to rely on skype, phone, text, and emails?

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

It really annoys the hell out of me when people - not in a LDR - complain that they can't see their SO for a few hours. Really?... really??? Give me a break.

Comment

Sometimes I would say I get jealous, when I cam back here first thing I wanted to do was go see my best friend, but couldn't really talk to here because her boyfriend was there the whole time. Being with them, seeing them hold each other. In the end I left early and waited for my boy to get on skype. I suppose it will get easier to be around couples, but I know I'll always be thinking "you people don't know how good you have it." you know? i felt bad being jealous of my friend- she's moving to france in september for uni, so she's going to be going through the same thing. all I can do is offer support in the end.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Of course I get jealous! I have a lot of friends who are in relationships that can see each other everyday. It hurts me inside seeing them all be lovey dovey with their partners while I have to wait for mines to just call again.....ugh.

♥Now on we go♥
        ♥To where no one knows♥
        ♥But I know, that I love you even more♥
        ♥Tears we cry♥
        ♥Asking myself why♥
        ♥Did I let the only one that I love go♥
        ♥You were meant for me♥
        ♥Darling can't you see♥
        ♥This is your song♥
        Your song (For you) By Glenn Lewis

You'll be my hubby and I'll be your wifey, so let's be together in bliss for "lifey" lol
        (I know it's cheesy, just bare with the siggy XP)

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
          It really annoys the hell out of me when people - not in a LDR - complain that they can't see their SO for a few hours. Really?... really??? Give me a break.
          Oh, people on my facebook are always posting about how they miss their SO because he or she went somewhere for the weekend or something, it really irritates me, I mean sure, they are entitled for missing that person, but when you're whining about how you haven't seen him or her for 2 days, I just want to comment on their status and be like "well I haven't seen my man for 4 months, and I'm not going to see him for another 4 months, so stop complaining, it's 2 days, it's not the end of the world!"

Edit: I mean seriously, if it was only 2 days until I got to see my man, I'd be ecstatic! I'd probably be jumping off the walls, and putting in my facebook statuses about how it's only 2 days until I get to see Belvy, not complaining that it's going to be 2 days before I see him.
          Last edited by pytsip; August 13, 2010, 02:24 PM.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Originally posted by pytsip View Post
            Oh, people on my facebook are always posting about how they miss their SO because he or she went somewhere for the weekend or something, it really irritates me, I mean sure, they are entitled for missing that person, but when you're whining about how you haven't seen him or her for 2 days, I just want to comment on their status and be like "well I haven't seen my man for 4 months, and I'm not going to see him for another 4 months, so stop complaining, it's 2 days, it's not the end of the world!"
            Oh i now hate facebook "2 hours till hometime and I FINALLY get to see my joejoe" oh just SHUT UP! try a 3rd of a year woman, see how you take it! I feel bad, being mean, but it's soooo frustrating!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm so totally with you too! I have a close cousin who is a girl that has a boyfriend that she can see mostly everyday. She gets really upset when she can't be without him for one day. I always tell her that she is very lucky that she gets to see hers at all let alone talk to him everyday on the phone. I mean, come on, it's not the end of the world for y'all....ugh.

♥Now on we go♥
              ♥To where no one knows♥
              ♥Tears we cry♥
              ♥Asking myself why♥
              ♥You were meant for me♥
              ♥Darling can't you see♥
              ♥This is your song♥

You'll be my hubby and I'll be your wifey, so let's be together in bliss for "lifey" lol

Comment

It's natural to get frustrated, but it's not their faults. I mean, if they put themselves into our situations they'd probably not complain as much and realize they have it easy. Don't let yourself get too angry over something you can't control.

Comment

None of my close friends are in relationships - fortunately. One or two are, but they're not that serious about it. Meaning: they seem to think I'm weird, that I can't think of a life without my bf. etc. Then there's a FB friend or two (some friends I often don't spend time with) who tend to annoy me a bit. Like one of them, complaining every day, 7 days - because she couldn't see her boyfriend in that week. Seriously!? Try 15 weeks... or even more.

I do feel jealous sometimes. Mostly when I see couples on the street, holding hands, kissing, looking happy.
                  Then I do get the thought: they don't know how easy their relationship seem to me. How good they have it.
                  Then I have to comfort myself. Trying to tell myself, that maybe that couple won't last that long. Maybe one of them will suffer from a broken heart while I'm waiting in the airport... god I sound evil.

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                  Oh i now hate facebook "2 hours till hometime and I FINALLY get to see my joejoe" oh just SHUT UP! try a 3rd of a year woman, see how you take it! I feel bad, being mean, but it's soooo frustrating!
                  Exactly! I feel the same frustration...
                  I also feel like writing a not so nice comment to statuses like that... I really sometimes fight my evil/jealous site on that matter.
                  Seriously if I'm seeing one more... "I miss my bf soo much I wanna cry... I can't see him for 2 days" status on FB, I'm not sure I can keep quiet.

Comment

on the flip side, I do have a friend who's husband is in the military and I get equally as frustrated with her facebook status updates because she acts like she is the only person going through it. The one day I commented on one of her status updates about how i knew what she meant, and she commented back "Where is Belvy? I didn't realize he wasn't in youngstown anymore." Meanwhile, this was about 3 months after he left, I had specifically invited her to his going away party and I had on several occasions made comments about how I missed him and wished he would come back from China.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

I was just slightly jealous of my friends here in CDRs... that didn't bug me TOO much, but then of LDRs who got to see each other more often than Rane and I did (I'm not proud of this!), now that was bad. I'd be grr about folks that had frequent visits, or those that lived a couple hours apart, or even those who could afford actual phone calls. I was terrible! >.<
                      Sometimes I would be clear headed and think yes he's in another country but I still have the most amazing boyfriend/fiance (whatever he was at the time), and I just have put my time in. The time I put in gets me an amazing man at the end. (And I did, I got the best husband in the world, and with hindsight, I can see that our LDR set us up with a SUPER strong foundation to our marriage.)
                      And the rest of the time I would just be sad, bitter, jealous, and lonely lol.

Comment

Im not sure if I get jealous it makes me sad kinda.
                        Like I was goin to a bar last week with a friend and her bf and they have a LDR too in some way but he's like only an hour drive away so they see each others on weekends mostly.
                        Anyway they were holdin hands the whole time and I really felt the the 3rd wheel
                        And like 2 weeks ago it was the same friends bday party and I stayed till like 12:30am and said Im goin now cause I wanna see Chris since I havent really seen him for a few days and my friend was like cmon stay dont go just to cam with Chris (she was a lil tipsy or even drunk so I sorta kinda forgive her). And I did felt kinda hurt cause she had her bf with her, she didnt have to worry about not seein him or whatever cause even if their parents are against the relationship her bf or her herself could just sit in the car and meet up somewhere. I cant do that, cars dont drive on the ocean yet, you know...
                        Like some people dont mind my relationship but they dont understand that I wanna spend as much time as possible with my bf, especially if we cant talk daily due to our schedules.
                        But then again there are some that understand. My best friend was stayin with me for like 2 weeks while my and her parents were both on holidays and we camed a lot with Chris and she was like "hey if you wanna have some time alone with him just lemme know i'll go outside or into another room or somethin"
                        It is hard yes but for me yet again no reason to break up. There is no distance love cant take. And if this is what I have to deal with for a while to then have true happiness forever, than I will take it.

Comment

To add onto that: Kinda annoys me when people in LDRs whine about going a full day or two without talking to their SOs or how they can't bear going a week without webcam. I've been on webcam a total of 5 times with my guy since March and the last time I talked to him was 2 weeks ago via PM on another site. If I can go weeks without contact and 2 months without hearing his voice or seeing his face with only minor complaint, you can suck it up for a day, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                            To add onto that: Kinda annoys me when people in LDRs whine about going a full day or two without talking to their SOs or how they can't bear going a week without webcam. I've been on webcam a total of 5 times with my guy since March and the last time I talked to him was 2 weeks ago via PM on another site. If I can go weeks without contact and 2 months without hearing his voice or seeing his face with only minor complaint, you can suck it up for a day, haha.
                            I'm with you. I haven't talked to my SO in two weeks either and the last thing he said to me, via text, was "Cya later, Love ya". Ever since then, I have tried to fight the urge to be pissed off at him, because I know that he is busy and has a lot of things that he needs to get done, back where he is. I just keep telling myself that I can do this, the distance is not going to drive me into pure insanity lol

♥Now on we go♥
                            ♥To where no one knows♥
                            ♥Tears we cry♥
                            ♥Asking myself why♥
                            ♥You were meant for me♥
                            ♥Darling can't you see♥
                            ♥This is your song♥

Comment

Originally posted by pytsip View Post
                              on the flip side, I do have a friend who's husband is in the military and I get equally as frustrated with her facebook status updates because she acts like she is the only person going through it. The one day I commented on one of her status updates about how i knew what she meant, and she commented back "Where is Belvy? I didn't realize he wasn't in youngstown anymore." Meanwhile, this was about 3 months after he left, I had specifically invited her to his going away party and I had on several occasions made comments about how I missed him and wished he would come back from China.
                              My SO is military, and I have to say that a military LDR is different than a regular one. I don't think she means to make it seem like shes the only one going thru it (idk i don't know her), but it is different.
                              I’m lucky that I have found someone that let’s me clutter every smooth surface in our house, wants to cuddle and take 100 hour naps with me and doesn’t mind if I exaggerate a little while telling a story. I never thought a girl could be this lucky, until I found you. You came into my life and I was hoping you would stay for awhile. You warmed my soul and then I hoped you would stay forever. I love you Cody =]

Comment

Working...
                              X