No announcement yet.

Taking it Day by Day - The Positive Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding it somewhat difficult to be positive the last couple of days; yesterday I was given some terribly heartbreaking news, and since then that's all that has been on my mind. But it's for days like this that I created this thread. When it seems almost impossible to have a positive outlook, it becomes vital to still think of a few positive things just to keep myself sane. So here goes.

1) Today my SO and I were discussing the possibility of my getting a boob job (tehe, it's actually a little funny for me to even consider). Just a little background info in case none of you have looked at our pictures on my profile, I am a petite 5'0" that sports an A cup chest. I'd love to at least be a full B, but idk that the surgery would even be worth it if I didn't go up to at least a C, and I'm feeling like that would make me look disproportionate. ANYWAYS, I know that he would enjoy the girls if they were a bit bigger, but he was like "Babe, I would support you in it if you decided to go through with the surgery, but I love you just the way you are." That meant so much to me, because I know he'd love it if I did it, but it's nice to know that he enjoys my body the way it is He's so thoughtful and accepting.

2) We are always so open with each other. There is nothing that I can't say to that boy, and same goes for him. I love knowing that I don't have to tiptoe around his feelings, because even if I do hurt them by accident, it's always fixable. But he rarely gets hurt at me.

3) I sincerely care about others so much that it frustrates me to see them making life choices that they will some day regret. I love that I have such a big heart.

Like I said, the last 2 days have been hard on me emotionally, and just thinking about those 3 positive things in my life has lifted my spirits a little. I'd love it if you guys would keep me and the people I work for in your prayers. Thanks.

Comment

I think its really useful finding a way to focus on positive things, so here i am, once again ahah

1) My SO - He has been really patient and supporting yesterday afternoon, I really appreciated it.
      2) Our relationship - I think the first weeks after you fall in love are pretty easy, you only see the nice sides of the thing: real love comes later, when you two decide to face problems and work on them TOGETHER. This is what I'm going through (and appreciate a lot!) at the moment with my SO
      3) Myself - Who knows me also knows about my problems due to my past so... I'm really happy to say I'm PROUD of how ive dealt with them last night

Comment

1. He always says the sweetest things to me that make me feel all giggly and alive. Even when I am going through some things he always trys to cheer me up and make me smile. Even by acting like a complete cheesy dork.

2. Our relationship- We can be ourselves 100 % around eachother and we accept all the weird perverted things that can come to our minds.

3. Myself- Even though it has only been a week since the last time but I am proud that I am keeping my promise to not drink for a bit. I realized I was becoming dependable on alcohol and I need to stop. I am maturing more and more overtime, amd trying to be a better person. .

Comment

~my SO: He makes me feel beautiful
          ~our relationship: Throughout the 75 days I have been with him we grew so much closer.
          ~myself: I lost 6 pounds

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I've been hesitating to do this the last couple of days, but I'll go ahead and do it

My SO - Is doing everything to try and stay in contact with me during these hard times in Egypt. He tries to calm and reassure me his safety so I worry less.
            Our relationship - Is growing evey single day, it feels amazing to learn more about one another, to fall deeper.
            Myself - I have finally got over the past couple of years, and have started to sort my life out once again

Comment

My SO lets me talk about all the weird dreams I'm having.
              Our relationship is slowing down at the point where we run out of things to say but then we just stare lovingly at each other and spend time together and then we either find something online to talk about or just something pops into our heads. We don't mind that much we're running out of things to say, we are happy just watching the other as well.
              My kido keeps saying I'm the best and pretiest mum in the world. It makes me so happy.
              “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
              ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
              Closed the distance >21.03.2015
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessJOE View Post
                2) Our relationship - I think the first weeks after you fall in love are pretty easy, you only see the nice sides of the thing: real love comes later, when you two decide to face problems and work on them TOGETHER. This is what I'm going through (and appreciate a lot!) at the moment with my SO
                I can relate to this. We're finding it tricky to work on some things but I definitely appreciate it as well.

Comment

1 - He went to his aunt's yesterday at lunch just so he could skype with me because I was feeling sick. It made me so happy, he is just too good to me.
                  2 - He is my other half, and I am his other half. It seems like each day we find out more things that make us realize this.
                  3 - I haven't said a single bad thing about myself the last couple days. This is an accomplishment for me.
                  started dating: 12/08/12
                  "i love you": 04/12/13
                  el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                  montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                  el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                  montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                  el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                  el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                  el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                  san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                  san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

1) He's taking the right steps to have a successful semester!
                    2) Even though we've just transitioned back into LD, our communication has been excellent!
                    3) I can tell I'm getting stronger and I can run farther!

sigpic

Comment

1) My SO-He challenges me every single day, and keeps me on my toes.
                      2) Our Relationship- I love how we both take care of each other in the slightest ways.
                      3) Myself- I love how I do not restrict or filter my personality with my boyfriend. In the past I wouldn't be as silly or outgoing in fear that it would drive the other person away. I've learned to embrace myself as I am, and not care who doesn't like it. Those people don't end up sticking around for long anyways, so I have helped me by surrounding myself with the right kind of people simply by being..well...me!

Comment

My So gives me his time completely, whenever he's talking with me he concentrates on me and me alone.
                        We have this nice tradition than whenever we are saying goodidbye (via vidchat or on the airport) we are blowing each other kisses. ALWAYS... it would feel weird if we didn't.
                        I saved 5 kittens today. Wish I could keep them but i got them feed and got them to a pound so that they'll be fed and have roof over their little heads.
                        “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
                        ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
                        Closed the distance >21.03.2015
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X