No announcement yet.

when did you say I love you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were together about 5 months before we said "I love you." Since we had both just gotten out of big relationships, it took us a while to trust each other. But just because it took us a little while, doesn't mean we didn't feel it before hand. From the very beginning, when we were just talking, I felt something. I definitely think having an instant connection is possible, whether it be in person or on the internet. Love is made up of a million little different factors and is felt in a million and one different ways. :3
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Originally posted by silvermoonfairy3 View Post
      We didn't actually say it to each other til about 6 months in, but one night pretty early on when we were skyping, I got the distinct impression he wanted to. We talked about it a month or so ago and yeah, he knew really early on that he loved me. I knew pretty early as well, but I had originally been hoping to say it to him for the first time in person, but things haven't lined up yet financially with us visiting, and we just kinda had to get it out there.

I think you can definitely get to know someone on much different levels when it's LD like this, even though I'm so ready to be done with it and be close, lol.
      Loved what you shared silvermoon! I have known I loved my <3 early on but haven't said anything. Just want to let things happen naturally and also I wanted him to say it first. Lately, it just wants to jump out of my mouth. It feels so natural to say before we hang up or closing out with a "good night" text. He recently started talking about getting married, closing the gap this summer, and even e-mailing me pictures of rings.

I have this perfect vision of him saying he loves me next time we see each other in person but that won't happen for another few months. I love the skype idea! Thinking I need to let go of the "perfect" image in my head and say what my heart feels for him in person or not. Any advise or comments appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by miss_jaclynrae View Post
        I don't believe in love at first sight, but I can say with my whole heart that the MOMENT I saw him standing there in line at Starbucks, I knew I needed him in my life. The chemistry was there from the moment we met, he felt it, I felt it... it was as if we were meant to be and something inside of us knew it.
        I have the same feeling, maybe "love at first sight" is not the right way to say it but the moment I saw him the first time is unforgettable. There was something different in that moment than what I have ever experienced before.. and he felt it too. I guess it was the looks, but it was also his big smile and sparkling eyes... hard to explain

He said "I love you" first after we had been dating for maybe 1 month (officially), after 2½ months of meeting each other. It might sound quick but we were abroad and lived in the same building, so we saw each other 24/7 and he basically lived in my room. You really get to know someone in a short period of time. The moment itself was not the most romantic as we were both a little drunk, but we have a nice laugh now when we think about it I said i love you back instantly.
        Of course now I can notice that the love has gone even "deeper" as I know him better and better...

Comment

He said it very quickly, I think after a week or something. He also said a lot of "big words stuff" that really blew my mind. I was like; really? this soon? I started to say I love you and you are mye love etc. just recently, after three weeks. I think that is pretty soon for me - I can fall quickly but I usually drag my feet about actually SAYING it. This time it just feels natural and very easy.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My SO said it, after we've been dating for 4 months. (we met close distance)

Comment

We met online in March '11. In December '11 we began to talk more frequently and in February '12 he said I love you! And we never stopped saying I love you since then lol. We met each other in person in June '12.

Comment

My SO and I don't have a cutesy story. lol
                From the moment we started talking, we had a strong connection. After a few weeks of talking, I knew I couldn't live without my SO in my life. We just worked so well together. <3
                I knew I had strong feelings for him and him for me, but I think my mom could tell I loved him before I knew myself.
                I said it to my SO and he said it right back. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. <3 We met in person around a month later and the moment I saw his face, it confirmed what I already knew. I loved him and he was the one for me. <3

Comment

Wellllllll... 2 months into us talking I wrote her a huge long confessional message about loving her after she had got some bad news and was feeling down and confused on if she should still come over here due to a complication. When she told me she was confused on if she still wanted to come here I was shattered. She needed time to sleep the bad news off so she went to bed and I was left waiting about 12 hours for her to wake up. Those 12 hours my brain wouldn't stop running. I was so sad. I knew I needed her in my life at that point and I wrote this big message. When she woke up and replied I got an equally long message about her knowing that she had to be with me and she still wanted to come here, she said some really lovely things, but she didn't acknowledge me telling her "I love you" and neither of us has mentioned it since. We say how much we like each other all the time though, and we often tell the other person how gaga we are about each other. Every day we make each other feel special by going on about how much we like the other. But no real "I love you". We've been talking for just 4 months, but we talk every day, for over 6 hours a day. Sometimes we do that twice a day and I know it's been on the tips of our tongues several times. She's moving here in 2 days. I guess I figure it's best to wait until I see her in person (I even said this in my message... "I really wanted to wait until we were together in person so I had 100% confirmation before I said this..."). I know I love her. And I'm quite positive she feels the same way, I've noticed her fighting off saying it several times. She wouldn't move to another country for me after only 4 months if she didn't love me... (Short time between starting to talk and her moving but when you know you've found your soul mate you just need to do whatever it takes to be with them). Now, I just gotta figure out if I want to say it first or hold off and wait for her to say it... and then I reply with the iconic Han Solo "I Know" =P

Comment

I don't want to say I said "I love you" before I meant it, but it also took me some time to figure out what love really meant. This is really the only relationship I've been in, so I had no idea what romantic love was.

We met and chatted online for just shy of 3 months, he came up for his spring break, and we exchanged "I love you"s online right after. I knew I loved that he existed and how he made me feel, but that's all I really knew then. Maybe 5 months later, I suddenly realized that I couldn't picture my future without him and I didn't want to. Felt like I was slapped in the face with it . It's closing in on 4 years now, and after going through a lot together and seeing each other in entirely new ways, my current "I love you"s mean so much more than the previous ones. This is getting philosophical.. but I have no clue which one counted as the first real one.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

i was scared to say it because i just broke up with my ex after 3 years of relationship (LDR as well lol),but since things were developing really really FAST,it happened after a week i guess

Comment

So I was webcaming with him while my friend was over. I was intoxicated. My friend went for a smoke outside my balcony. Then while I was on webcam I kept hiding my face cause he makes me shy (even when drunk haha) my so told me how cute I am and then he said that he loves me. It was sweet cause he said it so randomly and unexpectedly. And this was a few months after talking to him so we werent dating or anything. It felt special because hes always so tough and never seems like he would say it first. Nor did I know the extent of his feelings. I thought he was joking the next day cause it seemed like when you tell a friend you love them so I didnt take notice of it too much until I realised that he really did mean his words, the way he said it seemed like a slip of the tongue. But I wont forget that moment. it feels even better to hear his I love yous now. It always feels so heart warming and surreal to hear him say it.

But we only properly started saying I love you about 2 months ago? So it took us about 6 months I think or a bit longer.

Comment

We didn't get in a relationship before meeting in person, there was just loooooonnnnggg emails and lots of interest and attraction. Once we met for the first time and spent 3 weeks together, still we didn't say it. Then 3 months apart talking twice a day for hours, still neither of us said it, then we moved in together... still nothing.

I am pretty sure I was the first one to say it because I remember he said he had been waiting for me to say it first so he could respond, we were already engaged at that point I am sure, I guess we are both just stubborn haha

Comment

We were talking online for a couple of months before we finally met IRL, but even then we didn't dare tell each other how much we really cared for one another (at least we know that now looking back, we both wanted to say it but were scared :P). So we hung out for three days, then I had to leave town to go back to my hometown, and I was heartbroken because he was leaving for Italy the next day. Came home, asked my mum if he could come stay the night, and she said yes. Called him on Skype and told him to get on the next train, and he did

The next day we went to the trainstation together because he had to go back to Stockholm to catch his flight. It was a sad moment, because we knew we had connected so incredibly well, and I knew that I loved him, but now I also didn't know when to see him next. So we were standing at the platform just talking about the future and stuff, and the train came rolling in. He turned and looked me straight into the eyes, and said that "I don't say this often, and I don't think I've ever told it to another girl before. I love you. I really do". I was a bit shocked but so incredibly happy as well, I said the same thing back, and he had to get on the train. The doors closed, and that's when my tears started rolling and the train took off with him looking out the window back at me.

2,5 years later I still love him as much as I did back then

Met online: February 2011
                            Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

He said it after about 7 months on my 20th birthday when we were on Skype. That was the loveliest birthday present ! (We met close distance but became long distance shortly after that)

Comment

Working...
                              X