Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

religious differences/ How to deal with family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chizatlauren View Post
    There's a difference between Catholic Christians and Protestant Christians, though we worship the same God. My family didn't allow me to date my SO when we were young because he's Catholic, and they are different from us because they have all the saints, statues and rituals. Protestants or Evangelical Christians on the other hand, don't have those things. It IS different in practice, and the church teachings can sometimes differ too. But we all worship the same God.

Just to enlighten everyone.
    I think most of us are aware of the differences between catholics and protestants, but thanks for the info, in case some don't. My point was that catholics ARE christians and it's a fact. The fact that some protestants call themselves Christians and insists catholics aren't is a bit arrogant and silly. Kinda like when some hardcore Sunnis (salafists, for instance) insist that Shia aren't muslims and vice-versa. You worship the same god and the same prophet.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
      I think most of us are aware of the differences between catholics and protestants, but thanks for the info, in case some don't. My point was that catholics ARE christians and it's a fact. The fact that some protestants call themselves Christians and insists catholics aren't is a bit arrogant and silly. Kinda like when some hardcore Sunnis (salafists, for instance) insist that Shia aren't muslims and vice-versa. You worship the same god and the same prophet.
      That was my point. I have heard protestants not classify Catholics as Christians, even though Protestantism comes from Catholicism.

Inherently, Protestants and Catholics DO worship the same god, but that isn't the topic of the hour.

OP, you just need to add up the pro's and con's of every option and do what you feel is best for everybody involved.

Comment

Working...
      X