Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for Valentine's day <3

Hey everyone!

I was wondering what your plans were for Valentine's day. Does your SO celebrate it in their country (if international)? What are you going to send them?

I don't know if my SO celebrates Valentine's day (I've yet to ask as this would be our first Valentine's day together) but I was thinking of sending him a card online regardless. I'm either gonna write a love letter or keep it short and sweet, but snarky like my humor usually is.

What are you going to do for Valentine's day?

Discussify.

I wish I could send myself! I'd love to spend the day with him. He has a special dessert, and I've been spending the night researching which of his local bakeries make it and would deliver. However, I think I may go ahead and send that now and do something else for Valentine's. I want to do something different than the typical stuff. He also loves cookies and I learned Mrs. Fields Cookies will deliver and I can order online. That would be good. I'm still thinking. I hope we can spend the evening together on Skype.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
      I wish I could send myself! I'd love to spend the day with him. He has a special dessert, and I've been spending the night researching which of his local bakeries make it and would deliver. However, I think I may go ahead and send that now and do something else for Valentine's. I want to do something different than the typical stuff. He also loves cookies and I learned Mrs. Fields Cookies will deliver and I can order online. That would be good. I'm still thinking. I hope we can spend the evening together on Skype.
      That's so sweet =]

I've been trying to figure out how to buy my SO a cheesecake and have it delivered. But the biggest problem is most places in England don't take US credit cards online. And I kind of cut ties with the only friend of his I talked to.. OOPS. I could have asked her to pick it up and deliver it and paid her a little. I'm probably going to just write 13 little notes for him to read everyday in February up to Valentines and then one longer note for that day. And hopefully spend some time with him on Skype. Was thinking of making a cake and having Skype open so he can watch me cook for the first time. ^^

Comment

An online card is a Great idea! Low cost, reaches straight away...
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

We probably won't do much, I am in England for it but we've never done anything about it before so I doubt we'll start now. Besides, we'd have to remember it

Last year I spent Valentines celebrating penkkis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penkkarit and I think that's the only time I actually celebrated it (with my class), though it's called friend day here mostly so it's not that romantic.
          We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I am used to celebrate Valentine a little, it is not like a big day but something small like a good dinner and a gift /card. Sometimes friends can do stuff, but I mostly see it as a lovers day. It is a bit new in Norway.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Valentines day falls on my visit to my SO. I didn't even realise it until he pointed it out. I'm not sure what we're doing. May go out to dinner or something

Comment

Most likely just include a "happy Valentine's Day" in our daily communication. No gift exchange or anything.

I'm pretty sure that if we lived together we would acknowledge the occasion, but we wouldn't really spend money on it. I'm thinking a candle-lit home-cooked meal.

As far as I know, though, in Finland Feb 14th is seen as "friendship day", not necessarily about lovers.
                I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Maybe I'll invest in some new red and/or pink "clothes" to celebrate with him.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

The way it is looking now, I'll be landing in Texas on the 14th itself. Seeing each other is a gift in itself - I think we'll just have a romantic dinner at home.
                    So, here you are
                    too foreign for home
                    too foreign for here.
                    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Well I'll likely send him a card.. probably use Moonpig.com again because it's a UK site so I just design the card (usually using a picture of us on it) and then pick the date I want it delivered.

We don't have much money.. though he did buy some things prior to Christmas that he might send whenever he can make it to the post office and afford the postage.. but we'll see. If I have something crocheted or otherwise made or something I might try and send it off.

Otherwise we will likely skype/oovoo as usual and say "Happy Valentines" to each other. I might edit one of our photos as well.

Comment

My birthday is Valentine's Day and him and I are going to meet for the first time either the weekend before or on my actual birthday... I can't wait

Comment

I was originally going to try to visit in February during that week but I can't financially which I feel bad about; he was really looking forward to it. I usually send him a card for "major" holidays but I'm going to try sending cookies with the card (mainly to make up for me not visiting in February, rather than for V-day). I'm hoping they don't take to long to get to him (or get opened and eaten in-route).
                          When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
                          no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Originally posted by squeeker View Post
                            Well I'll likely send him a card.. probably use Moonpig.com again because it's a UK site so I just design the card (usually using a picture of us
                            Thanks for the tip, the site looks really nice!

Comment

I don't know if we will do anything on Valentine's Day itself. I'm not a huge fan of it but my SO likes it. I bought him a car charger (he totally needs one as he phone dies a lot at work or the gym) and some slippers that he wants during an after Christmas sale. I was thinking of sending a package with a card and some cookies too. We will probably Skype that day or may celebrate it a day or two early depending on our work schedules.
                              Our love story:
                              Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                              Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                              Reconnected: August 2012
                              Began dating LD: November 2012
                              Engaged! March 2014
                              Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X